Thread: Where are they

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Where are they

I live in southeastern Wisconsin and have always had great common garter snakes. I posted the spring sightings picture. I wonder if I can find where they over winter. I read that limestone cropping. Are there lots of them or
    one big one per square miles or something. A few abandoned farms around too. The neighboorhood kids might know. I knew where one was when I was a kid. I had so many snakes, frogs, turtles, fish etc in my basement that my mom was always complaining that she could not use her stationary tubs.

The area behind my house is a protected wetland and the snakes go there most days and come back to where they live under my front sidewalk right by my front door.
    The piece of cement was there for 15 years about five years ago I noticed it became unlevel and it is the perfect house for them. Lots of crickets in the pm too. It almost like they are mine.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Re: Where are they

Chulio, I am quite jealous of where you live
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"First shed In Progress" Chulio's Avatar

Has anybody found multiple mating ball areas?

Thanks

Banned

Yes. First day of spring I found a anery concinnus/ordinoides den area. Snakes are very concentrated in this area for now. There are literally thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of snakes there. They aren't breeding just yet but they will soon.

The darn batteries in my camera died before I could get any footage at all but I bought new batteries and I will return to the spot tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny and warm.