Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Saddest snake tradgedy to date.

I just read something terrible and I decided I want to help spread the word... because the murderer is still out there somewhere.

A staff member over at redtailboa.net very recently had his '99 Kahl albino boa stolen out of his truck while he was in a gas station. I will post for you here his original post.

I really need extra eyes right now, and I'm asking for your help.

On May 29th, 2008 I was to bring My big '99 F3 Albino (Aurora) female into the vet for blood work, due to her not really acting her usual self. She was eating, but with none of the gusto she has had for the past 9 years. So I load her into my green ARMY laundry bag, and take her in.

I stopped at the Circle K to grab some coffee, and as a last minute gesture, I rolled down her window for airflow, as it's been 100° out here already.

I drink black coffee, so I know I wasn't in there more than 2 minutes max. When I returned, I noticed the whole bag was missing from the vehicle. I'll leave out all the cussing that took place between me and the 911 operator and the police when they finally showed up. Suffice it to say, I wasn't in very good control of myself at the time.

Police report has been filed, animal control notified, all the vets in town have been given pictures, and asked to keep a look out, the Zoo also has been notified, and some of the pet shops in town that I think would actually call me if she came in. Other pet shops in this town, unfortunately, are not to be trusted, and would keep her, stolen or not, just as fast as she was brought in.

I don't really think they even know what they took. I don't see how anyone COULD know, as I didn't exactly announce my intentions. My biggest fear at the moment is that they opened the bag, saw a huge boa and dumped her on the road somewhere. I can only hope someone who is into reptiles got her, and will make an effort at keeping her, or try to sell her and I'll get word about it.

I am coming to the idea that she is gone, and I'm not likely to get her back. But in the off chance that the culprit is familiar with reptile classifieds, I have come here asking for people to keep an eye out. I am fairly certain I am the only person in this town with an Albino Boa, and for sure the only one in this town with a full grown adult female. So if one should pop up for sale in El Paso, I would ask that I get notified immediately, and I'll take it from there. If you have info, and it leads to my girls recovery, I'll give a $250 reward for the info.

Aurora is 8 ft plus a few inches, she weighs 25 lbs last weigh in, and she just had a litter, so she is still a little thin from that. She has a microchip, and a 13 inch scar that runs down the right side of her neck from surgery.

Her scar

Last picture I have of her

This is not just some brood female albino, she is my dearest pet. Even without the fondness I have for her, she is not a replaceable animal. She is one of the last Albino's with a very close relationship to the original WC albino male that started this whole mess. Her mom was one of Pete's original F1 Het albinos, and her dad was one of the first F2 albinos born in the US. She is not a replaceable animal by any means.

Like I said, I am trying to face the idea that recovery is a lost hope, but it ain't in me to just give up trying. Please, this is an important animal to me, and if any info happens to come up, if anyone happens to see an adult albino for sale coming from El Paso, TX, PLEASE, let me know via email at rick@sunsetbci.com or by phone 915-276-3384.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

A really sad Dad.
    Rick

The horrific thing about this story... is that it gets far worse. Here is Rick's post from yesterday, much to the horror of everyone in the reptile community.

Got a call last night from someone saying "the kids found her behind the maintenance facility chopped". Of course, they still wanted to know about the reward.

I couldn't find her last night. Gonna go look some more today, hopefully with help from PD.

I think I'm gonna go be sick some more.

Thanks for everything.
    Rick
    Later yesterday evening, Rick posted that he indeed found Aurora, his prized and well loved pet, beheaded. He posted a picture which I will not re post here. If you want to see everything, head over to redtailboa.net.

I posted this in hopes of further spreading the world, Aurora's killer is still out there somewhere and they need to be found and punished. Ths story literally made me cry, I can't imagine losing something like that, this wasn't just his prize breeder female, this was his daughter in snake form. I am simply disgusted with the world right now. I can't even think.

Dear person who murdered Aurora,

you have it coming to you.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Re: Saddest snake tradgedy to date.

How horrible! I cannot even believe some one would kill such a beautiful animal! I mean, stealing something is one thing, but then not even fessing up to committing the crime and disposing of the snake like this... It's just AWFUL!!!
    I hope they get that guy good... Send my condolences to him! Surely this will not be forgotten! If we spread the word, it'll make even more of our fellow herp fans aware of these sort of crimes! An atrocity has been committed, and may we all be damned if we don't pitch in to find the idiot who did this!
    0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

OMG that is the sickest, most horrible thing i have EVER heard!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

That is so horrible.
    I found the post you were talking about, I just cant believe that some SICK individual would do such a thing.
    Aurora RIP
    Josh

0.0.2 T.s.sirtalis

that's horrible!!!! if something like that happened here and the lowlife was found, I could charge them with animal cruelty!!!!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

i would charge them with more than that!!!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

yea...my stepdad says that's "felony stupid" but unfortunately we can't charge him with that......

I have absolutely no problem believing that somebody would do that, considering that it's a snake. The same rules don't seem to apply to them in people's heads.

Honestly, I don't know what I would do if somebody did that to any of my snakes. I don't react well to things like this, somebody might get seriously injured.

It's a sick world we live in. It just makes me so sad.
    James.

this is my fifth try and I cannot come up with anything to say
    it's too horrible
    I feel so bad for Rick
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain