Hi,

I just noticed this today. It had been a while since I last handled him, so I don't know how long it's been this way.

It looks like damaged scales with dirt packed in (the pictures don't show that last part too well, it just looks dark and wet)...there could also be some black that is not dirt...hard to tell without cleaning the wound. There might be some swelling; I'm not sure if what I feel is swelling or just dirt packed under scales.

It doesn't seem to hurt, I've felt the area with my fingers and got no abnormal reaction from my snake. Between the fact that I'm not sure there is swelling and whether or not I'm seeing any red, I don't know if there's any sign of infection yet.

What do you think could be the cause? (I'm thinking it could have somehow damaged its scales on the lid's bars [surprising to me, but I can't think of any potential harm from anything else])

What treatment would you recommend? How would you clean the wound?

Other information:

• it's in a tank with another snake and, as you may have guessed, the substrate is soil.
  • it stopped eating last week, but, so far I have no reason to believe this is not just one of his usual non-shedding related "I don't want to eat" periods.

Blessure-queue.JPG

Blessure-queue-GP.jpg

Thanks in advance!