Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Moving into THE terrarium

Showing off this place that i invested quite some time in. Just adding a couple of moisture boxes then its ready for 4 thamnophis moving in next weekend.
    The structure is triangular and front is 2,5 m x 1m with 2 sliding glasses. Substrate is cocofiber, dry moss, leafs. Living plants in pots. Stationary waterbasin in the middle with a drainage pipe for easy cleaning. 2x 36 w lighting tubes, 1 x 60w and 1 x 100 w lamp for heating spots and a blue light for the evenings. Heating wire in cocrete covering the right half of bottom. Ventilation in right side and top. Daytime Air temp 24 c, hottest spot 35 c and every temperature in between availible at different locations in there. Nighttime goes to 20 c with present configuration.

edit: and now i realize this should really be posted in the enclosure thread and not here, not sure how to fix that soz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spirit; 11-14-2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Re: Moving into THE terrarium

Looks beautiful.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Third shed In Progress"

Wow, that's a beautiful setup. Which four thamnophis are you putting in?

Hi, I'm New Here!

Thxthx, that would be my four females going in there, 1 radix a year old and 3 sirtalis born 2016. Gave it some thought wether it would be best to transefer all at the same time or one at a time. (They all live togheter now and seem to enjoy each other, lying in a pile and such.

Did you introduce the radix last? Just wondering if you witnesses any greeting behavior.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

Dont think i did, but then again, i dont really know what to look for. The radix has been a bit of a loner until just recently. Now occasionaly she is a part of the "eveningpile" of snakes. Think maybe i'll move her first, because she had a shed couple of days ago. Then the others can move after their sheds to. Dont want to disturb them ladies in the middle of a shedprocess.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Btw, here is where they all live right now. Alot of vertical living space, they seem to like it. Size is like 0,6m wide, 0,4m deep and 0,7m high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Nice enclosure. Are you planning to introduce any isopods or springtails to assist in keeping the soil clean? Seems this is more of a bio active setup?
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Everything is dead and dry in there, besides the plant in pot there arent any soil^^. An illusion of bioactive much thanks to the moss that seem to stay green forever. Not any plans on going bioactive, to much work and time required i think. I'll just replace the cocofiber, moss and leafs when they are dirty.

"Third shed In Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Everything is dead and dry in there, besides the plant in pot there arent any soil^^. An illusion of bioactive much thanks to the moss that seem to stay green forever. Not any plans on going bioactive, to much work and time required i think. I'll just replace the cocofiber, moss and leafs when they are dirty.
    Bioactive is supposed to have the opposite effect. Less work and time because the Isopods and springtails help clean up. But yeah if everything is dead and dry they can't really live there.