Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new babies!

"Fourth shed In Progress" slipknot711's Avatar

My new babies!

very excited my babies arrived safe. my anery plains garter ate 5 minnows right away and also stole a giant pinky part then realized his eyes were bigger than his tummy and left it behind. the two erythristic easterns both ate one minnow each. which pleases me. i know sometimes they tend to take time to eat in a new enclosure.the guy i got them from only fed them feeder fish so thats what i went with for now. they were curious about my scented pinky chunks so next time ill cut them up into smaller bits next feeding time. i got some rather crappy pics to share but ill be sure to take better ones this weekend and post again. i didnt want to stress them out too much since the trip from cali to ri may have been stressful. im very excied to see these babies flourish. also set up a bigger tank ill post a quick pic i took with my phone in a different forum. very excited to have a new hobby.SORRY FOR THE ****** PHONE PICS! ill find my realcamera this weekend and get better pics.
    CAM02191.jpgCAM02196.jpgCAM02192.jpgCAM02193.jpgCAM02195.jpg
    Ashley: instagram-> @ashes1187

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: My new babies!

Great! Did you get them all from kevin?
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot711 View Post
    very excited my babies arrived safe. My anery plains garter ate 5 minnows right away and also stole a giant pinky part then realized his eyes were bigger than his tummy and left it behind. The two erythristic easterns both ate one minnow each. Which pleases me. I know sometimes they tend to take time to eat in a new enclosure.the guy i got them from only fed them feeder fish so thats what i went with for now. They were curious about my scented pinky chunks so next time ill cut them up into smaller bits next feeding time. I got some rather crappy pics to share but ill be sure to take better ones this weekend and post again. I didnt want to stress them out too much since the trip from cali to ri may have been stressful. Im very excied to see these babies flourish. Also set up a bigger tank ill post a quick pic i took with my phone in a different forum. Very excited to have a new hobby.sorry for the ****** phone pics! Ill find my realcamera this weekend and get better pics.
    CAM02191.jpgCAM02196.jpgCAM02192.jpgCAM02193.jpgCAM02195.jpg
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    Great! Did you get them all from kevin?
    yes got them all from kevin id hope to order again from him again one day but cali to RI makes for expensive shipping haha. He was very easy to work with, as i had many questions before i put the money into the process. hope to have better pics for you soon

since by the end of january ill have a nice much larger encloser (cant have too many snake setups) id like to try and work with some people on here and maybe obtain some of your beautiful scrubs this spring/summer.

Congrats on the new snakes!
    0.1 Lampropeltis getula nigritus | 0.1Eublepharis macularius
    | 0.1 Thamnophis marcianus

Kyle

ty. i figured they would find a safe spot and hide but the go under the substrate and come up like little cobras exploring the land. very squirmy! haha

Lol mine do that too! Especially my albino haha

Kyle

i get a kick out of it. it looks so fun makes me wanna jump in a ball pit and do it too!

Haha that would be cool! I wonder what it would be like to turn into a garter for a day haha I know I wouldn't look forward to eating though eeehhhhh hahah

Kyle

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

The reason I asked is because I sold him some anery plains about a month or so back so I bet it was one of my little scrubs which originated from Scott Felzers stock! Kevin is very easy to deal with! I bet the freight was a little high, but I know you and you couldn't wait until spring to get some babies! lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot711 View Post
    yes got them all from kevin id hope to order again from him again one day but cali to RI makes for expensive shipping haha. He was very easy to work with, as i had many questions before i put the money into the process. hope to have better pics for you soon
    Bluesirtalis