Juvenile snake

A black satin addition

Several weeks after I ordered this little guy he finally arrived. His irredescence on an almost matte coloring is incredible. I was expecting a black snake but didn't understand what all the hullabaloo was over. Now I get it. His head and eyes seem disproportionate to his body, is this normal for baby easterns?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: A black satin addition

Kool, that is a diamond in the rough if you ask me! It's hard to get a sense of any disproportion. Maybe try a close up of the head (frontal) view? Nice pick up any way. Maybe he's just going to be big?
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"Third shed In Progress"

Now you see why the melanistic eastern is one of the most sought after, they are very stunning, especially after a shed.

"Preparing For Third shed" Rushthezeppelin's Avatar

As to the head, my baby eastern is very bobble headed with big beady eyes, think it's fairly normal for scrubs.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

20150725_153000-1.jpg20150725_153029-1.jpg20150724_192718-1.jpg20150725_153208-1.jpg

heres a couple shots of my melanistics for reference. who did you get him from if you dont mind me asking?

Juvenile snake

He looks about like those examples, his head is just big compared to my infernalis. I found him on kingsnake, he was bred by David Deem at ever evolving exotics. They are based in Tucson and he had good reviews on fauna. His communication was a little slower than I would have liked, but I am not known for my patience. Other than that the transaction went well and he seems to care about the animals. The reason it took a few weeks to ship is that David was worried about the heat.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Easterns from some localities keep the bobble-headed look into adulthood to some extent. Everything looks normal to me.

Cute little guy
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis