Weird garter snake stories/experiences

HEY EVERYONE!! Feel free to share your weird and amazing garter snake stories/experiences if u have any, i know i do, just go to the uncommon foods thread on page six, with just a few of my experiences, but id love to here what you all have, so feel free tell them if u want.

Re: Weird garter snake stories/experiences

Here is an oldie, it never got a reply... I have one

It was summer 2006 and Rocky Roost (My motocross track)was about to open in an hour, Dorothy and I had to fill the water tanks for that days dust festival

The pipeline runs from the creek about 1/3 mile to pump water into the tanks and uses a powerful gasoline powered water pump.

We had unhooked the end closest to the creek previously to let the water drain out, so we drove down and connected the line, pulled the rope and started pumping.

At some point while the hose was unhooked (its a big 3 inch fire truck supply hose) a rather large garter snake had entered the hose to "camp out" for a bit.

Out at the tank end is a baffle to keep the hose steady, otherwise it would flail around and jump right out of the tank.

Well the poor snake got washed down and lodged into the strainer, that was suspended into a large 1500 gallon poly tank, it is opaque and we were rather far away, After about 5 minutes, I decided to peek into the tank and saw this big garter snake jammed up in the basket, with 220 gallons per minute of water moving very fast under pressure forcing this poor animal into the little holes.

I yelled out, SNAKE and immediately popped off the quick couple that held the discharge hose together, and wound up dousing myself, but got the snake out of harms way.

Then She refused to come out of the basket, I had to wrap my now soaked shirt around the outside leaving only the big hole open to the outside light, and laid it down in the field.

Went back in the house for about a half hour, and she had finally moved along on her way.

I looked her over as close as I could through the strainer holes, and she was unharmed

HAHA sweet that is a cool story never forget that...i like it...yea i havent ben here in a while but yeah i never got a reply from this one thank you very much for sharing.
    It is better to forgive and to forget than it is to remember and to hate..

I love my Thamnophis sirtalis annectens....he is so coool

i have a funny one too....about 4 years ago, i was camping in aurora, MN which is a tiny tiny town surrounded by mines and thick forests all over, and me and my cousin were walking around the edge of this huge mine cliff overlooking a water pit, and below there were a few ledges that had a bunch of huge pine trees and shrubs, and well we were looking for a nice clean and safe spot to go cliff jumping, and well i was looking over the top edge down at the others and telling him how it would suck to plumit down cliff, and an asian longhorn beetle, which are huge and visiously bite, flew by his head, or so he said and he yelpt and startled me for it was an all of a sudden thing and when i immediately turned to look at him my body weight shifted and the next thing i know is that he is getting rapidly farther and farther away and i turned to realize that I was plumiting down the cliff....lol which sucked...and so anyways i was basically rolling down a rocky cliff and then i hit the first ledge, which was small but had a lot of trees, and i tried to grab them but i missed and i caught a little bit of air and rolled over that one and then the next ledge was the last one but was a lot farther down and after rolling down that cliff i landed on the next ledge and rolled over it but i caught myself on this huge pine tree that was over looking the water, and my packsack got caught in the tree branches and spun me and hung me upside down. I thought i was done for but when i looked down...i was only a few feet from hitting water and on this rock that was a little bit to my right i saw this huuge garter basking in the sun, and for some reason it didnt see me falling towards it, so i quickly reached out and grabbed it not caring about how injured i was....lol haha man that was a stupid experience but rewarding in the end, and at that point my cousin found an alternate route down and came to the ledge where the tree was and he helped me up and when he asked me...OMG are you alright i said dude look what i found...and he laughed but almost fainted basically and i couldnt walk very well and then i looked at my arms and they were sooo torn up and i felt my back and all i could feel was wetness...aka blood but well my wounds have healed and the memory will never leave me....lol that was a cool experience aside from coming close to my death....lol who cares though i got a huge snake lol

but i like your story better for it wasnt an injuring story, i think it would be cool to find a garter in something like that..aside from the fact that the snake would have been done for if you hadnt saved it

Thankfully for the snake, I looked into the tank when I did.

Thankfully for you, The fall was not fatal.

lol yea im grateful for both

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Great story Fauna! Scary, but great!

Glad you found your way back to the forum
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

lol yea thanks, whenever i look at the scars i laugh lol too bad the only snake i own right now is a thamnophis sirtalis annectens, i always wanted one of those though, he has a beautiful orangy red stripe and hes my longest lived snake