Hi, I'm New Here!

urgent please help

Found a medium size garter that was injured by cats has deep bite wounds and a pink sac coming out of anus area I have him in a small warm enclosure but need advice on what to do he is wild but I didn't think he would survive outside in the cold please any advice. I gave him a bath in Luke warm water to clean wounds but his is not moving his middle to tail section well his head area seems fine his tongue comes out he drinks waterIMG_20160105_161104.jpg

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Re: urgent please help

That picture is a bit blurry, but it looks to me like the pink sac you're talking about could be the internal organs. Get a clearer picture; if it's just muscle tissue, she might have a chance (given, it'd be a pretty tough rehab even then) but if it's what I think it is euthanasia is the most humane option. Many vets are willing to euthanize animals such as this for little to no charge, so you can call around and ask.

If that isn't an option, there are people on here who have experience doing in-home euthanasia that could walk you through that.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Subadult snake

In addition to veterinarians, your local wildlife rehabilitator will have access to a vet or the means of humane euthanasia. Thanks for trying to help this little guy out. Unfortunately he is another example of the negative impact of outdoor cats.

Vet. intervention is needed ASAP.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Great job in your lifesaving actions! A evisceration and deep puncture wounds are critical. Coupled with a possible severed spine and neurological compromise equals emergency! Hoping you can get him there. Keep us updated! Thanks again.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.