Never shed

It has been a while for me.

I couldn't believe the date I saw when I logged in today. Long story short, I have unusual living circumstances. When I moved here, there was a defective furance nobody told me about. It sent out toxic fumes , caused wide spread damages among these issues all of the appliances were damaged by soot and there have been ongoing disputes over damaged appliances. This meant I was left without a working fridge or freezer. The freezer was effected the worst and I nearly gave up on it after a while.

This was one of the factors that prevented me from having a pet snake due to not being able to store frozen feeders for feeding a snake. I have eventually purchased a chest freezer for myself in the meantime.

But back to the snake issue....I have everything I need right now for housing a snake and have been setting aside some stuff. Since I have some expenses related to other critters here to take care of first , therefore I am aiming for Nov to add a snake.
    This also gives me something positive to look forward to as I do not choose to live in this climate and I dislike having to deal with the winter.

I have set aside a small exo terra if I get a juvie snake hearing how easily they escape.
    If potential snake is bigger or when potential snake grows bigger, I have other options as I have about eighty fish tanks around. I've decided the future potential snake could be a corn snake or a garter snake. I have decided to cross that bridge when I get to it. Although depending on how it goes, I may also take the option of having both kinds later on ( that is always the easier way to decide between reptiles right?) .
    I have a specific type of garter snake that I wanted, however knowing that garters are more difficult to find in general and I prefer to avoid shipping reptiles, I don't know if I can be picky.

One of my other issues I have partly resolved is the issue of transportation to reptile shows as I am unable to do the six hour road trips going to these reptile shows requires..I have found two people interested or willing to carpool with me so I am looking forward to finally attending one of these White Plains reptile shows I keep hearing about. Hopefully that will improve my chances of getting a garter snake without shipping.

Re: It has been a while for me.

Welcome back. Sounds like life has been giving you some tests. Glad things have settled down and that you might be getting a Tham. soon.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Third shed In Progress"

Seems like you've had an interesting last few months, hopefully everything works out and you can find your way to the expo and finally get a pet snake.

Never shed

The problems with the appliances and other soot related issues has been ongoing for years. I refused to sink my own money into fixing appliances that I don't own and they refused to have the appliances fixed. It's so silly to ahve appliances get ruined instead of having the appliances cleaned for soot, which destroys electronics. The appliances that I kept on using , the fridge and cooking stove got ruined by the soot and were thrown away.
    I have been told to just to use the other appliances as well despite needing to be cleaned for soot, but I refuse to deal with the soot related issues further and I will not deal with the hassles of appliances that don't work properly due to soot damages.

They replaced the cooking stove and I replaced the freezer. I opted for a chest freezer instead of buying a new fridge at the time. Replacing the fridge with them turned into such a battle that I walked from it said forgot it, I'd rather have peace and quiet and live without a regular fridge. Which isn't a huge change from having a fridge that half worked.
    I wish I could spend the money that I'll be spending replacing house hold appliances on my critters, recreation gear, saving up for a new computer( yeah that got damaged by soot too and the DVD ROM was ruined) or anything else.
    I guess on the bright side, I will possibly have better and newer appliances( despite that I will probably buy used appliances) and when I move out, I get to take all of the appliances with me.