Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Subadult snake

Lightbulb Bad/Good Trader Category ???

hello all ... Not sure if there are any legal ramifications involved but I was thinking that perhaps a seperate grouping within this forum for our various Trader experiences might be appropriate. It appears to me that our lovely NW Blue Garters are becoming synonymous with their present (albeit sole) source of the moment. I envision for example ... trader ??? sold me mite infested animals followed by your attempts to rectify the situation or ... trader ??? is fantastic, would buy from again.

Personally I very much enjoy and am grateful for all of the round-table discussions this forum provides. As such "sorry" to suggest more work for the moderators/owners. As for fans of the NW Blues, I suspect these may be more readily available in the next year or so from various sources ...

best wishes,
    marian

Re: Bad/Good Trader Category ???

I think that's a great idea, Marian. I'm afraid it will be a little while before it'll happen, though. Jason is "out of pocket" at the moment. Very nice suggestion, though.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    I think that's a great idea, Marian. I'm afraid it will be a little while before it'll happen, though. Jason is "out of pocket" at the moment. Very nice suggestion, though.

Rick
    I don't think we should allow Boots to be "out of pocket". I'm sure we all appreciate what he's done with this forum, and would all like to see it continue to grow. There are nearly 400 members here, surely between us we can give a little support?

James.

Sounds good, but I haven't seen Jason post in a LONG time now that I think about it.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

It worries me that this forum should be costing Boots money. My personal feeling is that he's done us all a real favour by setting it up so well in the first place, and maintaining it's high standard. How about some form of voluntary subscription? Then those who don't use the forum much, or those who feel they can't afford it could opt out. The rest of us could help support the forum with a yearly subscription. Like I said we have nearly 400 members. Just a thought, I'd hate to see the site full of ads (or worse). Any comments?
    James.

I really like it here and I'd be happy to chip in a bit.

James,

I share your concern about Jason shouldering the financial burdon. I spoke with him a while back about being willing to kick in a bit to help keep the site afloat, and he said he had some ideas. There is one tiny link in the wiki section that says "Donations." You'll find it here (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets...s:Site_support), but when you click on the link there is nothing there. Hopefully, we'll be able to contribute in the near future. Personally, I think the "donations" link should be easier to find... perhaps even on the menu bar. I'm sure a number of us would be willing and able to help out. However, I like the idea of being able to donate money, rather than being charged.

Rick

I know one thing that was done on an invert. forum I used to be on, is that the subscription would be different for people who paid in a small fee to be a member. I don't remember everything that it involved, but I know that one of the things you could do is change your "posting title", so that rather than being "juvenile snake" or "second shed"....you could change it to something else. (They had the posting titles by stages in a tarantula's growth....I changed it to Invertabrain... ) Also something they did was sell calendars (a bit late for that now) and T-shirts with the forum's logo on it. I imagine there's lots of ways to raise cash, that a lot of us would be willing to do.
    Roy
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus

Subadult snake

Thumbs up Re: Bad/Good Trader Category ???

More then willing here as well. I do think the "Donation" option should be in an obvious place, first page ... this site provides an invaluable service not readily found elsewhere ... great idea fellas.

marian

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    James,

I like the idea of being able to donate money, rather than being charged.

Rick
    This is why I suggested voluntary subscription. Just whatever works for everyone else. I tried the "donation" previously, but it doesn't work.
    James.