Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Found injured garter snake need info on what to do???

Hi I found a garter snake that was being stepped on the other was killed this one jaw was to the side and bleeding its tongue is good and moving in and out but it's mouth hasn't moved it stopped bleeding and it's been two days now it's still alive I don't know what to do plz help me I don't want it to die

Re: Found injured garter snake need info on what to do???

Really sorry about the delay is seeing this post. Please give us an update. Hydration is very important when they are injured. Once again sorry for the delay.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

I once had an injured garter with possible internal/skeletal damage based on the way it was temporarily bent/kinked; I avoided moving it or handling it as much as possible. I think immobilization was key. When the snake started moving around on its own, I resumed attempting to feed it. It lived and got back to normal, the kink almost completely gone, but it took weeks for full recovery. Maybe I was just lucky, but it worked in this case.

Hi, I'm New Here!

So it's still alive I got it in a small tank with a bowl of water and it is moving but seems scared. I've picked it up to inspect it's wounds I tried to look at the mouth to no avail no small traces of blood trickled down but did not profusely bleed it's been about a week and change please help

Hi, I'm New Here!

I've been giving it water. Fast soaks it's tongue is still mobile but his jaw is still curled in and to the side slighty it's active I've had it for a week and change I've gotten it wax worms to see it can eat

Hi, I'm New Here!

20161015_210144.jpg this is the snake I'm not familiar with snakes I'm not even sure it's a garter I just want it to live please help

Hi, I'm New Here!

I replied yesterday but it didn't go through so that's why such a long delay in response

Never shed

I'm very new here too, so this is more a moral support post. Like you, I rescued a plains garter snake about a month ago, so I'm just learning. I don't know enough to tell if you have a garter snake, but if it is, it may not want to eat wax worms. As I understand it, they just aren't part of a garter's diet. I had the best luck with worms I dug up in my yard, if it is still warm enough where you live to find some. What they told me is if it can eat, move, and poop, it has a chance. I'll shut up and let more knowledgeable people help now. The people on here are amazing! Good luck!

Hi, I'm New Here!

It's a dakys brown snake someone informed me but can i still get any help from this forum

Rotated the photo to give us a better look. Is it just the one side? Have you offered and food? Slugs would be a great food. Is the injury limited to the jaw or is there head injuries?

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee