Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hm .. gravid with just 12 month ?

is there any chance a garter (concinnus) can get gravit with 12 month ? my biggie is getting fatter and fatter every single day o.o she just made 30g within the last 4 weeks ... and i only feed her every 6-8 days with 1-2 pinkies and 1-2 small fishes ...

Re: hm .. gravid with just 12 month ?

In the past this occured already a few times, so it's possible. Certainly with very big growing females. I've even known of a snake that gave birth to young one's before she was 1 year old!

I wouldn't recommend it though because I think the snake might get problems later because of the extremely fast growth. Strange thing is that normally they grow very fast when they have a lot of food, which does not seem to be the case. Anyway she's pregnant you won't be able to do anything about it anymore

If she really is pregnant, I would give her all the food she will eat.
    Greetz, Hans

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
    -The Shawshank Redemption-
    www.kousebandslangen.nl

Banned

I wouldn't. I'd feed her about the same as she's being fed, but I would split it into smaller meals, more often.

1-2 pinkies and 1-2 small fishes in a 8 day period, but split it into several meals over the course of 8 days if she'll take it that way.

feeding the monster more often? hmk ... well, i'm still not shure whats going on with her, but she is much more "round" then her sister and bouth are from the same clutch. i have them together with two brothers, not their brothers, and i thought i have until next winter to separate them ... well time will show what will happen i think.

Banned

Maybe you misunderstood. What I suggested is that she gets the same amount of food in a week that you have been feeding her. Just in smaller portions, more often, as opposed to feeding it to her all at once after an 8 day fast.

i didn't understand you she got yesterday one pink and one fishy ... at first ... but she was still looking for food so i gave her one more fish ... she alway eaty like a pig.

I've got several 10 month old females that are absolute pigs. They would eat everyday if I let them. They are also the ones I just witnessed "fooling around" last week. We'll have to see what comes of that.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Banned

I think Amy is about a year old and she's an absolute porker and I let her be that way, feeding her pinky parts nearly every day, but not to the point of bulging. She's growing extremely fast. 3.2 inches in 8 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I think Amy is about a year old and she's an absolute porker and I let her be that way, feeding her pinky parts nearly every day, but not to the point of bulging. She's growing extremely fast. 3.2 inches in 8 weeks!
    what would be healthy for checker he aint growing much and iv had him about a year....trying to stat 4 pinkys a week is that enought so he can START growing!?
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Banned

I've always heard that checkers grow extremely fast and get big in short order. I imagine that if you keep him very warm 85-90 in the daytime 75 at night, and feed him as much pinkies as he'll eat, that he would definitely grow.