Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horror!!!

Angry The Horror!!!

my wicked parents had their friends over, who in turn braught their little demon seeded monsters of children who are no longer allowed over to our house, for the simple reason they went in my room when told not too and tried to get rico out of his 20 gallon long and knocked it over and shattered the tank!!! completely shattered nothing left!!! i was at a friends house when this happend and now poor rico is out of a large cage for about a month or two!!! i want to know how would you recomend i best house him on a low budget. right now i have him a clear box thats about the size of a 10 gallon high... i am so lost for ideas, i don't know what to do. but i know one thing the parents of those little monsters should pay for it but my parents won't make them because "its not tom and shary's fault that their kids did that." what should i do

Re: The Horror!!!

You might shop for a "blanket box". These are made of plastic, are about as big as a 20 or a 29 gallon aquarium, are unbreakable... and the downside is that you will have to figure out how to make a top for it that is ventilated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by garterman07 View Post
    my wicked parents had their friends over, who in turn braught their little demon seeded monsters of children who are no longer allowed over to our house, for the simple reason they went in my room when told not too and tried to get rico out of his 20 gallon long and knocked it over and shattered the tank!!! completely shattered nothing left!!! i was at a friends house when this happend and now poor rico is out of a large cage for about a month or two!!! i want to know how would you recomend i best house him on a low budget. right now i have him a clear box thats about the size of a 10 gallon high... i am so lost for ideas, i don't know what to do. but i know one thing the parents of those little monsters should pay for it but my parents won't make them because "its not tom and shary's fault that their kids did that." what should i do
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

"First shed In Progress"

wow that sucks!

i agree with you, the parents of the kids who knocked it voer and broke it should be more than happy to pay for it!

i would be so emberessed if i had kids and they did that to a friends house, i would be offering to pay for a new 1!

blanket box...i think that might actually work, and if i drill small holes in the top of the lid i could ventalate it =) thanks for the idea, i think wal mart might have those

blanket box...i think that might actually work, and if i drill small holes in the top of the lid i could ventalate it =) thanks for the idea, i think wal mart might have those
    Yes, they should.

I once had crickets in a blanket box. I cut a hole in the top and tried to hot glue a piece of screen over the hole. It was a miserable failure!

I would suggest LOTS of small holes, on both ends and the top. Use a hot nail held in a pair of needle nose pliers.
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Odie's Avatar

Kill the kids LOL

Man, I feel your pain. Just one of the reasons why I hate little kids, and adults who argue that they should pay for something not the other person. They sell 10 gallon tanks at Petco and Petsmart for about $10.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Donīt hate kids. You were one yourself once.
    Blame parents who refuse to raise them with respect for other people and their properties.
    I cannot believe the reaction of your parents.
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

I "hate" kids. Oh sure, they have their good moments, some (most) are ok. But I feel about as comfortable around them, as, say, a flock of baboons. Well, ok, they don't have the fangs, but they are as predictable and far more destructive. Plus, they are protected by adults. This is how I felt when I was a kid myself, couldn't stand those little sociopaths.

It's questionable to blame the parents as well. They can't be watching their kids every single moment and kids are still learning. You might think the kids already know what they can and can't do, and most of the time you're right. They just ignore it.

Hey Chris,

Here's an idea for you to consider. I cut the large holes in the lid with a jigsaw and then drilled smaller holes around the larger holes to "sew" the screen to the plastic lid. As you see, I heat it from above.

Rick