Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pics of my Puget Sound blues

Here's a pic of one of my baby T.s.pickeringii. This is the one that's been doing really well and is now eating scented pinky bits. The other one is finally starting to eat well, was really starting to get thin, but I think it'll pull through with out any worries now. I'll have to post some pics of that one once it gets a little better looking. Anyways, this is Cobalt. (Don't know the sex yet?)

Last edited by GarterGuy; 12-07-2006 at 11:48 PM. Reason: forgot pic

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Re: Pics of my Puget Sound blues

Very pretty Puget sound!
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

Pretty indeed.

Nice one

Great speciman! Another on my wish list.

Sid

Awesome looking snake. Want to get a couple for my collection. Where did you get them from??

Quote Originally Posted by garterking View Post
    Awesome looking snake. Want to get a couple for my collection. Where did you get them from??
    Got them from a guy named Bob out of Seattle WA. He was very cool with sending them and such, but I wonder about how entirely "honest" he was with me. These guys were captive born from wild caught snakes, supposed to have been born this past summer, but they looked pretty much like newborns to me (I've only had them for a couple weeks now). I had originally gotten three and had to put one down, since it was in such bad shape. Also they had some mites as well that I had to treat, but all's good now. I know others who've gotten snakes from him have had some issues as well. Don't think he has any babies left yet, but was advertising more adults on Kingsnake.com.

if I got another garter, that would be the one... as long as they cost a reasonable amount (less than ~120)
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

the spots along the stripes look a little odd to me.....northwestern garters have the small spots instead of the normal checkering.....and they come in a variety of colors including blue. Very pretty snake. I am also adding a pic of my adult brown northwestern for comparison.

Puget sound garters have a smaller range than northwesterns....I have some baby northwesterns, will get photos of them here soon and post...marked just like that pretty little fella, only mine are brown....I want to get the red striped ones....

Quote Originally Posted by GarterGuy View Post
    Got them from a guy named Bob out of Seattle WA. He was very cool with sending them and such, but I wonder about how entirely "honest" he was with me. These guys were captive born from wild caught snakes, supposed to have been born this past summer, but they looked pretty much like newborns to me (I've only had them for a couple weeks now). I had originally gotten three and had to put one down, since it was in such bad shape. Also they had some mites as well that I had to treat, but all's good now. I know others who've gotten snakes from him have had some issues as well. Don't think he has any babies left yet, but was advertising more adults on Kingsnake.com.
    When I hear things like that or experience it, I would not buy anything (anymore) with him. This is why I always like to go to the breeder (of course not always possible). You can see his collection and the circumstances the snakes are in. Otherwise he'll never learn and get's a profit by keeping his snakes badly.

This is by no way meant as an offense for those who bought by that breeder. It's a personal opinion and like I said, you can't always know.