Page 947 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379459469479489499579971047 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    I got a new computer, too. New gaming pc with a 1TB HDD and 8 gigs of ram... It's cool. I got it 2 hours ago. My old one finally kicked the bucket, I'm keeping it to dissect it and play with the pc parts...
    Sure, why not? a little lead and mercury never hurt anyone. While you're at it you could lick off the thermal paste.

Anyway, I was doing a lot of bragging about the weather here but it's like someone flipped a switch. Went from 80's to 40's and it gets down to around 25 at night now. Skipped fall and went straight to winter. Big storm coming to SoCal this weekend. Possibility of snow 1-2 feet. Hopefully the snow level will be high enough that we just get cold rain where I am. (around 4,000 ft)

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

That's what you get for bragging!!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

Banned

Still sunny most of the time though. Only get precip/clouds very infrequently.

But I suppose that's why it's desert.

Hey, I plan on building my own pc once I finally graduate and get a job! I have to learn how to do this type of stuff somehow, yeah? I'm not paying 200 dollars extra for the idiots at best buy to do it for me. I got this pc at best buy, but there was only one smart person there, for the first time... It was amazing, kind of like talking to god!!! Haha. It was on sale, though and if I were to buy all the stuff myself it would have been 2.5k instead of 1.2k. I was just grabbing the cheapest replacement for my pc that had a decent amount of power... But dead island can be run on max instead of low now
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Banned

Shouldn't need to spend more than $600 these days for a tower that would have cost $1600 a few years ago. Don't go for the up-to-the-minute latest hardware. It's a waste of money. Stay about 6-12 months behind and you'll still get an excellent machine at around 1/3 the cost.

As far as building it goes, it doesn't take a "guru". Honestly, it's easier than a child's puzzle to put together. Still, if you want someone else to put it together, shouldn't cost more than $50 or you're getting ripped off. If you can follow instructions and operate a screwdriver (sometimes that's not even necessary these days, depending your hardware) than anyone can build one. THere was a time a few years ago when a person could save about $1,000 by building their own. Honestly Chantel, now PC's are so cheap that it doesn't really make much difference. You can choose your hardware and let someone build it for you. I can recommend this site since it will usually cost about the same to build yourself or let them do it: Intel X58 Gaming PCs

How to build a PC - The Tech Report - Page 1

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Shouldn't need to spend more than $600 these days for a tower that would have cost $1600 a few years ago. Don't go for the up-to-the-minute latest hardware. It's a waste of money. Stay about 6-12 months behind and you'll still get an excellent machine at around 1/3 the cost.

As far as building it goes, it doesn't take a "guru". Honestly, it's easier than a child's puzzle to put together. Still, if you want someone else to put it together, shouldn't cost more than $50 or you're getting ripped off. If you can follow instructions and operate a screwdriver (sometimes that's not even necessary these days, depending your hardware) than anyone can build one.

How to build a PC - The Tech Report - Page 1
    Believe it or not, but I agree with practically every word.

Personally, I used to charge 10% of what the components cost, but that was back in the day (5-15 years ago), when even the cheapest machines cost more than a "high performance" computer that you assembled yourself and that fee included me selecting the components. The stores here will usually just slap together components once you've picked them, they won't design the whole thing for the customer. These days, I don't recommend assembling a computer yourself, unless you really need one that can do some heavy lifting. If people just need to get online, use e-mail and perhaps play movies or music, I just recommend that they buy the cheapest desktop computer they can find.

I didn't really care, my dad paid for it. After all he's done I think I deserve it.

In case you haven't gotten the memo, Richard, I do have mental problems. I can't put things together like a computer. It's rocket science for someone whose brain is as slow as mine. I look at the pc insides and my brain is melting. I can do hard drives, ram and processors without any trouble. That's all. Motherboards, video cards and power supplies confuse me, even though I have been told they're just as easy. I can look at the how to's all day, but still.. I might as well use my junker as a way to actually do something, you cant read a book about brain surgery and expect to be an expert at it when you try your first time. You have to practice. Besides, 1.2k for a gaming pc, monitor (which is the most freaking awesome cool one I've had) plus the warrenties... Not a bad price for something I can play games on, listen to music, watch videos on AND do my business stuff on all at the same time... Haha.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Oh, and, there's also enough mercury in fish... A little lead and a little more mercury isn't going to make a hand grow out of my stomach... Though it'd be freaking awesome if it would... More multitasking for this woman!
    Chantel

Banned

Exactly. The market has changed drastically in the past few years. Desktops are at all-time low cost, even pre-built. Here's some other sites to check out. In most cases you can still get a better value than you would buying a "branded" PC, and not have to build it to get the value.

TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics

OutletPC.com - Computer Parts Cheap, Motherboard & CPU Combos, Discount Barebones, Desktop PCs, & Laptop Systems

Build A Budget PC: $250, $500, Or $750 - ComputerShopper.com

OutletPC.com - Computer Parts Cheap, Motherboard & CPU Combos, Discount Barebones, Desktop PCs, & Laptop Systems

There's just so many options for getting a better value than buying one "off the shelf" these days. If you insist on going to a "big box" electronics store, be prepared to pay way too much is all I got to say about it.

Well, too, I was going to make a pc but it died completely before I could look anywhere else and my dad doesn't trust anyone but bestbuy.... You can always depend on him to be drunk and very very easy to manipulate every day. The best buy people know him very well, so they know that they can talk him into everything. If I weren't there, they'd have settled on a pc that had a crappy video card, barely any ram and all the nice stuff mine has. I love tigerdirect, my dad doesn't. He thinks it gave him a virus. He also thinks clicking the ads on websites will make them go away... Lol.
    Chantel