Page 937 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 4378378879279359369379389399479871037 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 14098
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Yeah there is still work to he done. It'll get better. I agree, the look is fine, whatever, just make it work right and I'm good.

That's awesome I love bull snakes. I found MY first herp in months!! A stinkin' worm snake. (seriously their musk is ridiculous lol) I'm so tired of finding nothing but those.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Yeah there is still work to he done. It'll get better. I agree, the look is fine, whatever, just make it work right and I'm good.

That's awesome I love bull snakes. I found MY first herp in months!! A stinkin' worm snake. (seriously their musk is ridiculous lol) I'm so tired of finding nothing but those.
    I would love to find one of those. Theyre weird looking but thats cool. I dont find much around here. Where I normally go and find a lot of garters(ribbon and eastern) they are fixing the bridge there and the bridge wont be done til the end of the month. By then its to late. Those worm snakes are cool.
    I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

I am not on face book
    I am not on any other site, and for the majority of them it's because they're all unattractive in the same way (trying to not use bad words here)
    now this looks like them
    it looks like every forum I've ever looked at and couldn't get past the look to the content (and some of them interested me)
    I don't think there is even any point in my pursuing this, since this is not in the least comprehensible to anyone with no aesthetic preference
    it does not feel recreational any more - it feels like office
    I feel the need to explain, and at the same time I just want to leave, because every time I look at the screen, it's not where I want to hang out
    I check in a few times a day, but it still looks like bank/airport lounge/conference room . . .
    it's so sad
    better people than I have drifted away from this forum, and some of them I miss terribly
    I don't mean to belittle the connections I do have here, and I hope that some of them will last beyond the forum

rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Rhea, if you leave it will be our loss.
    I have you on speed dial and Skype.
    You're not getting rid of me that easily.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

SCOUSER

complain notoriously /whining about it/ get over it/ hate groups, they are just some of the words and expressions that have come up since both rhea's and my comments on the new site were posted, for my part although i am not fussy with the changes i attempted say it with what i hoped would be seen as light heart'ed banter, and yes of course i will get used to it, but i just wasn't expecting a demand to "get used to it", what is it you people are telling us, that we are not allowed an opinion,unless it agree's with yours.
    my heart sank when i read rhea[A LONG TIME MEMBER]being told by a relative newby that "this is thamnophis.com 2011 get used to it.
    i understand precisely where rhea is coming from as my wife is also very aware of color's, which play a large part in her life, she drive's me to distraction when choosing new fabrics and wallpapers as they must be the exact shade she is looking for, her mood and feelings of well being are all influenced by colors.
    i am positive that there are more than a few of our members especially the ladies who understand the color points i have tried to make,
    i have hated typing every word of this as it has always been my intention to only post positive/ light hearted comments
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

not looking to get rid of anyone
    woke up, logged on, still find it visually unpleasant to be here
    I'm really trying again and again, but one look is enough to feel sad all over, and not enough to look at any content
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

John Rhea I never meant anything by what I said, it was light hearted as well. Sorry if it came put wrong. Was just trying to say that looks change, but it's still the same forum, and the same people. Sorry it came out harsh.

Rhea like I said I totally understand and when I said "get used to it" etc was not trying to sound like that. Sorry.

I would hate to see you leave over colors too (would hate it anyway). I guess that's what I was trying to say.

SCOUSER

Jesse thanks for the swift reply, we haven't fallen out and nobody is out to haul you over the coal's it's just that i got a little pee'd off at the apparent lack of consideration of rhea's views, the color change to her is[to use the vernacular] a biggy, i have to admit that i struggle at times to tell the difference between many shades and colors but living with my wife these past years has taught me that other people live in a world dictated by color form and presentation,they don't just like these things, their moods attitudes and feelings are shaped by them, so when i read rhea's comments i knew just where she was coming from.
    to end on a positive note, one area where my lack of aesthetic appreciation comes in handy, my wife does all the gardening she plants the borders the troughs the hanging baskets and any where else that will hold her many varieties of flowers, my role is to tell her just how beautiful they are and what a fine job she has done

There was no lack of consideration of her views from me. Like I said I totally understand. What i was trying to say was, like I said yesterday we don't come here for the colors. But I understand, I hate the new green (so I use blue) too. But it's not gonna make me leave the forum......I can't say anything right so I'm done...

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    I need to be careful to avoid upsetting the wife. I'm an open-minded skeptic, I want to believe but so far I have seen nothing that can't be explained. Char on the other hand has seen and felt things, and does believe.
    I've had some experiences that get a bit of the way there, but nothing I can't explain. Photos can almost always be explained, unfortunately most ghost photos are deliberately faked, and unfortunately digital cameras are susceptible to noise which our brains make into patterns. Orbs are photographic artifacts caused by dust, insects etc.
    How many people before they die say they will come back to prove that ghosts exist? How many actually do? And wouldn't you try to do something conclusive if you were a spirit?
    Had an unusual experience this week which has had us all scratching our heads, while on holiday in turkey in July i managed to lose my iPod [actually on the plane going there] and as it was a present from my eldest son [John] it meant more than just the monetary value, jump forward to this week and my wife got up in the early hours to visit the bathroom she put on my bathrobe/dressing gown and left the lights out as there are six living in our house, upon returning she was hanging the robe back in its place behind the door [in the dark] when there was a very loud clatter which woke me up and also startled my wife,on went the light to see just what the heck was going on and there was my iPod at her feet, first assumption is that it fell out of one of the two pockets in the robe, but the problem with this is that although the pockets are shallow she had not turned it so that anything might fall out and more to the point i had worn this garment many time since coming back from turkey and it has been in the washing machine numerous times,
    disusing it around the family predictably a supernatural explanation was arrived at, simply be cause we had no other direction to go in, the scapegoat is my wife's late father about whom i had recently finished a poem for my son Christopher who was particularly close to his grand father and still misses him greatly, the poem was then requested by my wife's brothers and sisters, as it is about him being shipwrecked during the war in very similar circumstances to the USS INDIANAPOLIS, so the conclusion was reached that this was my father in law saying thanks for his poem,
    i would be the first to agree that this explanation is a big leap in the dark [sorry about the pun] but for us it gives us an explanation [although far fetched] for an incident which otherwise remains inexplicable.