Page 915 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 4158158659059139149159169179259651015 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

disregard

I spoke to two members of the forum that I have never spoken to until today.
    It's always a pleasure getting to know forum members better.
    Thanks Ric and Neil for your time.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Fourth shed, A Success" thamneil's Avatar

It was a pleasure talking to you Steve.
    Neil
    The Thamnophis Aficionado

Banned

Holy crap it's hot tonight. Hotter than it was late in the afternoon. Weird. It's after midnight and it's still 87 degrees F. Pretty unusual weather for tomorrow too. Close to 100 degrees and the humidity is supposed to be around just 8 percent. Feels more like desert in August than Sept in W. WA. Did I mention it's dry as a popcorn fart? Holy crap, I can dry soaking wet denim genes in the shade in about 30 minutes. Holy crud that's dry. Not complaining. I like desert but it's just very unusual for this area. A few months ago we were soaking wet with no relief in sight. Now we're so dry it's like living Desert Springs, CA.

Even the hardiest of trees are literally wilting, that is, if they aren't burning. Wildfires across OR and WA are only getting bigger, more of them, and harder to control. Many are now prompting evacuations and threatening communities. haven't seen the likes of this fire season in decades.

The weather tomorrow will blow the smoke back in my direction once again, and it will hotter than... well, hot.

Tonight we went squid jigging. We caught 2 squid and 2 herring, so not very good. The way cool part of it was getting to see the beautiful northern lights. Thank you massive electrical storm.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Banned

Nothing here. Just clear skies and hot, hot, hot, and super dry. I wouldn't be blessing the electrical storm. The weather tonight will likely start more massive wildfires.

I love a good electrical storm though. Damn, Reno has some pretty spectacular ones around the end of summer. There's not much for the lightning to hit so not so bad for wildfires. Just gotta watch out for the torrential flash flooding. Some place miles away can get a heavy downpour for 5 minutes, and if you're in the Washoe valley, guess where the water goes? It sure as heck doesn't soak into the ground.

It's just a solar flare all up in the atmosphere. No lighting. I sure hope there is a break in the heat and some rain to help the fire fighting efforts. Are you safe where you are Richard?
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Banned

No rain in sight. Just hot and dry for some time to come.

Oh, you mean the show is aurora borealis (or the northern lights). I guess that's an electrical storm of sorts. Yeah I've seen that a few times here and even in the mountains of New Mexico. Gotta get away from the city lights and out where there is a clear view of the Northern horizon. Nearest place I can to that is about 8 miles from my house. I only ever really see a pleasant shade of green here though. Not any other colors to speak of.

Oh and thanks for pretending like you give a damn but yeah, I am quite safe from wildfire here. The nearest one would have to cross the Columbia River and burn though many square miles of city to get to me.

It was about the same coloring as you have seen, it was pretty bright though. We were still in town at a local dock when we saw it. It was a first for me. Really cool how it moves. Time for sleep now. Have a great night and stay safe with that wild fire.
    Kat

Banned

Yeah, the way it moves is quite dazzling. Good night.