Page 909 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990790890991091191995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    It has been around a while I think I saw it about 8 yrs ago.
    12 years ago for me. What's your point Chantel?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    The weather sure isn't helping the fire situation. It's hot, the wind is blowing hard, and the humidity is nearly non existent.

The fires are totally out of control today across much of Oregon and Washington. The high cascades fire alone has burned somewhere around 150 square miles of old growth forest. What a waste of timber!

The wind is taking the smoke right over my house. It's blocking out most of the sunshine. There's so much uplift at the site of the fires, that it creates huge "tornados" of smoke and flames reaching hundreds of feet into the air like this. The smoke is creating it's own weather and there has even been lighting produced by it.

Now for pics I took.

Near I-205 at East Mill Plain Blvd. in east Clark Co. WA. Looking east/SE

Right in front of my house, looking east:

There are no clouds. It should be bright and sunny. As you can see, it's not. Too much smoke. Luckily, so far there is no smoke at ground level. I can't even smell it.
    Video: 1800 acres burned, and counting. Mid to upper 90's, very low humidity, and high winds forecasted for the next 7 days. Not good.

My point is it's that time of the month and everyone posts it, and it's annoying seeing it every single day.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

I read it with no problem. was actually easy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F
    This unproven spirited female is one of only a couple of anerythristics in the world that I know of. She was found in West Virginia in 2009. She is a big girl and she eats unscented frozen thawed adult mice. Breeding her to an albino should ultimately create a second eastern snow strain. The very tip of her tail is slightly stubbed.

$950 shipped.

Questions, contact Scott @ SFelzer1@nc.rr.com or call the number below. Thanks !
    Pretty snake but it seems like an awfully high price for being unproven. I have my doubts that this any actually melanistic or any kind of morph. Could just be a normal and an anomaly. $950 is one heck of a gamble. That' a lot of money for a snake if it turns out to not be a genetic reproducible morph. I mean, I had a northwestern that looked very similar but I have no reason to believe it to be a genetic morph or reliably reproduced.

Definitely gorgeous though!

I mean, this northwestern I found is technically normal. It's not a mutation. Its just polymorphism. I think that is the case with that eastern too, but I guess we'll see.

Both are awesome!!

Banned

Indeed. It doesn't show in this picture and Shannon has that NW now but he even has the same exact bluish color that the eastern has.

Maybe we can talk her into getting some more photos is she still has him. She's really good at getting those hard to capture colors to show up on a photograph.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 09-04-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Just to mess with Jessie

I can tell... that's one of the coolest looking NWs I've seen!

Banned

I'm sure Shannon would let you have him for $950 shipped.

Ah heck, maybe I can find another one and I'll let you have it really cheap. Only $475 We can call it anerythristic if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I have my doubts that this any actually melanistic or any kind of morph.
    Sorry, I meant to say anerythristic there.

My mom sent me this e-mail today. (this is a 3 post sorry)

These pictures were taken by one of the road crew members at Cloudbreak , Arizona last week. It took a total of 5 hours for the Desert King Snake to finish off the Goanna (Sand Monitor).
    As you can see, they put some stakes with flag tape on them plus a hazard/danger triangle up to help keeping someone from running over them .Looking at the man then comparing him to both the Desert King and the Goanna the snake looks to be at least 8' and the lizard 5'.What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by katach; 09-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla