Page 906 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 40680685689690490590690790891695610061406 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

There's a lot of things I don't particularly like about win7, and there's some things I'd prefer having from it... Without an "upgrade" from what I have already.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

The software itself is an upgrade, even if the look isn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    I love xp MCE.. I wouldn't want to change it.
    Hence the delay on my part. I bought Windows 7 Ultimate more than a year ago.

The only thing available for my hardware when I built this contraption was Windows Vista and I knew better than to go that route. I wanted Media Center and whatnot, but no way I was going to put Vista on this thing to slow it down and cripple it when I could go with an older OS, still have media center, and have it run like a racehorse. That strategy worked out just as planned. Ive seen better hardware run much crappier than my machine, because it had vista on it.

I know people who jumped on that Vista bandwagon and purchased some really bad-as hardware but put Vista on it.

If they were to go neck and neck with my machine, mine would blow them away in sheer speed and responsiveness.

Well, Windows 7 isn't Vista. It's the next generation Xp core. Stable and fast. Any machine would be more responsive with XP or Windows 7 but run like crap with vista. Straight up fact. Windows 7 runs great because while it may look like vista a bit, it's really just built on XP which is built on Windows NT. The longest running, most stable OS that Microsoft ever made.

With all that said, I'm having problems and didn't install it just yet. I'm having a I/O error issue. I'll solve it. Just need to look at the problem with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Bottom line -- VISTA SUCKS.

Hope it works out for ya.

Banned

Yeah, massive debt sucks too. Same story playing out in much of America At least I didn't have to file bankruptcy or go into foreclosure. I feel fortunate.

I'm only doing this to the PC so I can sell it for a few hundred. Honestly if it doesn't work out, I'll just wipe it clean and give it away to a good (educational) charity along with it's already valid XP license, AND the windows 7 ultimate license, and let them worry about reinstalling the OS. The hardware is good and it's a very reliable machine with excellent hardware. Built it myself about 3 years ago, better than any PC you could buy at that time, and it's a rock solid performer.

Plus it looks really neat and lights up. You know, the important part. LoL.

It's time to wrap things up. Major life change. Everything I've worked hard for since I was 21 (Just 20 years ago, or just yesterday it seems like) is now coming to as much fruition as possible. (Like a zit ready to pop lol) I didn't do too bad though. Much better than if I had paid some landlord rent for all those years. Not complaining. I don't have to take another 9 months of rain! yippy!

So, I'm outta here very soon.(out of my house, and out of the Northwest) I trust my snakes will be in very good hands. No doubt at all.

No, Jesse, those pics were not taken with the Nikon Coolpix S6000

Wow it's like, freakin' neon... I want it.

Good luck with the move and whatever else you're doing Richard.

You're not going to prison, are you?

Juvenile snake

Actually, the vast majority of the problems with vista were corrected with windows updates. It's not quite as efficient as 7, nor does it have all the bells and whistles, but I noticed fairly little difference when I switched to 7. I really think it's a case of "if enough people say it, it must be true" / "perception is reality".

In fact, I believe there were studies where when vista wasn't called "vista" people rated it highly, but when others were told it was vista, they rated it much lower. Doesn't surprise me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    You're not going to prison, are you?
    Very funny. But a legitimate question!

No, Stefan. I'm not going to prison but I am going to California. Without getting into details I'll have more than enough money to build a new computer after the move, (prices on the parts/destkops are at record lows too) and I'll be debt free. 21 years is way to long to be paying down debt. I need to get it off my back once and for all.

Banned

Wow! pretty eastern Jason!