Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Heat options in plastic tank?

I actually go without a flashlight sometimes because there is enough light in the backyard that I can see...I will try going in darker spots doing what you suggested though...but those worms out there...if they feel any vibrations from me getting near them...they go right back down in the dirt...I try sneaking up (I'm telling you if any of my neighbors are watching...they think I'm insane)..and I swear the worms have ESP or something!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

lol I used to keep plywood on the ground and lift it up and the worms would just be hanging out there... However for the tricky worms I kept a spoon with me so that when they started to disappear I could make them Reappear

Yay for spoons.

George is really starting to come out of his shell right now he is staring at me through his purple flowers lol I think he may be hungry... He ate one tiny piece of worm yesterday but didn't eat the rest! I will try a pinkie mouse see if he likes that. Geeze and I thought Babs was picky lol
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Yesterday I gave Cee Cee two pinkies and then she decided to stare at me for the longest time giving me her best "I am a sad starving snake...aren't I so cute and pathetic looking?" face...aren't they so good at that? I know she is a piggers and can actually eat five pinkies in a row...but I am trying to feed her less at a time and more often so I don't overfeed her...but she is not liking it at all! I had to move something in her tank after I fed her and she starting coming toward my fingers with that look on her face that says she will eat my fingers gladly if I refuse to give her more food! I just got my hand out of the tank as fast as I could!
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Well I am pleased with myself lol I found a nice big tank at a Value Village that I will make into Georges tank. I'll Take pictures of it in a bit here, the lid is one I've seen in pet stores for snake / lizard tanks but I'd be concerned that escape artists like Garters are could get wedged in it... It reminds me of a hamster cage. So I'm going to have to retro fit this lid with some screening. (Good thing a bought a big roll of metal mesh screen)

I am also making another awesome fake rock for this tank, this one will be a custom fit type deal. I'll keep y'all updated. I think this is going to be an epic tank set up. ... I'm going to have to start making more fake rocks n sell them, lol I'm getting better Plus I have found a place to get styrofoam 2inch thick for a decent price.

100_0277.jpg
    The substrate that is in there is what came with it. Will be thrown out n the tank cleaned.

100_0279.jpg100_0280.jpg
    The unfinished project It fits perfectly in what will be the warm side of the tank. Still am debating whether or not to silacone in place or if I should leave it so that I can take it out.. It will be easy to clean in tank, and will be impossible to squish between it and the glass as it is now.. We'll see
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I'd keep it removable.
    You should start a new thread if this is going to be an epic tank build. And can you remind me what you use to coat the polystyrene?
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Yay so George ate his pinkie last night! Now I just need to convert him to eat during the day! I'd much prefer him to eat when I'm watching him. Will start new thread for new tank
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Glad to hear George ate. The glass is half full
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I actually go without a flashlight sometimes because there is enough light in the backyard that I can see...I will try going in darker spots doing what you suggested though...but those worms out there...if they feel any vibrations from me getting near them...they go right back down in the dirt...I try sneaking up
    One of my co-workers goes out with his grandsons to catch worms for me! The boys love any excuse to pick up worms.
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

I had that same problem with Hermes when I first got him...he only wanted to eat at like 3 in the morning. Now he will eat in the evening when I feed the others...thankfully!
    Marnie

Subadult snake

All three of mine ate while I was watching tonight. The little Eastern ate the biggest worm bite!
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids