Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Dont listen to what anybody says on this forum

I don't know...when I say forum family, I mean it both ways. We are a bunch of people, some of whom I do not know very well at all, that come together for our love of garters. But I have also made some wonderful friends on here...and consider this forum a place of friendship and a place I can come where I know people care about what I have to say and what my snakes are going through, and so forth. I do not have that bond with many people in the "real world". I have made some friends on here that I know, without a doubt, would drive for miles and miles to come to my aid if I were in dire straits. Look at how we pulled together when John passed...that, to me, is a family...more of a family than I have ever known anyway.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

You know what... With all of this "friends" talk, I simply have to share this.

Many years ago, I made a "friend" in Liverpool online, it was a music forum (yahoo group) and we talked for days about music.

The opportunity arose for me to fly over to the UK, so I contacted my "Friend" and he eagerly invited me to come stay with him.

It was exciting, until the first day I had to spend with him.

Seems the ONLY thing we had in common was the music we loved, other than that, we were so incompatible that by day three we all wanted each other dead.

After it was all over with, he and I never spoke again.

unless you have met, called or wrote, it's all just words on a screen.

If the internet crashed forever, everyone here would survive just fine.

I know I would be just fine.............. I have a lot of phone numbers.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

I haz lots of frenz

Quote Originally Posted by -MARWOLAETH- View Post
    Where just a bunch of people from around the world that love the same thing.We share our personal experience and educate people on how to best care for the scaly nutters.That's what a forum is about and I'd wish more would be like this one.
    We operate ssnakess.com on the same principal. However, due to size & variety of animals discussed, it has a wee bit more conflicts arise.

I am a newbie. I never had interest in snakes, I knew there were garters around and that they were small and harmless so I left them alone. It was only this summer that I really interacted with one and found that I liked it. I for one have gotten a lot of help and guidance from this forum and appreciate it very much. No I don't take everything as gospel truth, and I apply what I can or want and leave what I don't.

In my excitement to share I have posted pix and info on some snakes I got. I have a LOT to learn. I set some free that I caught, and it was hard, but I know it was the right thing for them for me to do. I had one die and it was hard too. I had not fed her tilapia, just worms. I didn't know why and never will know, my guess is being wild caught she could have had parasites, or genetic weaknesses or anything else I could have done nothing to prevent. I cared for her, and did the best I could for her thinking she was doing well; one day here, gone the next, it happens, I understand that. I shared that I had them thus wanted to share that they were gone so that I didn't have someone ask later how they were doing and feel bad all over again. I was not looking for sympathy as much as letting go of feelings with people that understand that there are feeling related to the loss of a snake instead of the blank stare and "OK so... what's your problem, it's a snake", reaction from others. Does that make sense? I hope so.

After reading through this thread I took out of it that people don't wanna hear about the deaths and wondering what happened, among other things with food and such. So anyway, I will not share any new friends I get on here to spare sharing their progress or loss anymore.
    *~Lisa ~*
    0.1 T. S. Pickeringi, 2.2 T. Radixes
    3.0 Cats, 3.0 Dog, 0.1 Hamster, 1.0 Beta
    3.2 Humans

Not sharing is a forum loss.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    If the internet crashed forever, everyone here would survive just fine.
    It's true folks. Believe it or not. I was 19 before it even existed for public use and I survived. Even though I've been a "computer geek" since the 1980's, I was 30 before I ever laid eyes on the web. Before that, you didn't lazily download apps. You got your butt up out of that chair and went down to the computer shop and bought them. Still got my copy of Windows 1.1 on 5.25 inch floppy disks.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Still got my copy of Windows 1.1 on 5.25 inch floppy disks.
    I have one of these:

Banned

Wow. My parents did get us "pong" when it first came out but we quickly upgraded to an atari. I do still have an atari 6400 and about a dozen games. But these are gaming consoles, not computers.

I still own a "IBM compatable" with 64 kb of memory, no hard drive or HDD controller, 10 inch floppy drive. Also a 8 mhz PC (12 mhz in "turbo" mode) with MS-DOS 5.0 operating system, 85mb HDD and 1 mb of ram. (paid $900 for it. LoL) Runs windows 3.1 too, but just barely. Both these computers still work just fine.

EDIT: The atari is a 2600, not 6400. My bad.

Hey, I managed to derail a thread again. That was easy.