Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Flood Worries

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Re: Flood Worries

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    The more I read from this "hawaii news daily" the more it sounds like a fear mongering rag not fit to wipe myself with. Complete rubbish.

There's a reason none of the major news media covered this. It's not news. It's fodder for fear mongers.
    Okay so that in itself is a mainstream big network news story -- false nuclear threat goes viral watch at 10.

Hawaii is getting hit hard by fukushima worries so yeah they would be paying close attention to anything involving radiation.

Seriously Richard I thought it might be a hoax too, but if it is, it is amazingly grand, the Arnie Gunderson guy, photos, multiple small paper articles, if this is a hoax it is a rare one.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

This may or may not be a hoax, but regardless, I don't trust that Hawaii newspaper thing. Just didn't seem very legit. On the other hand, no major nuclear disaster has ever 'happened' according to the government in charge of a plant until things get so out of hand it can't be hidden. I'm not one to yell 'conspiracy' at every little turn, but I've gotta say I don't trust governments (ours or anyone else's) to be entirely up front when it comes to potential nuclear disasters either.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    This may or may not be a hoax, but regardless, I don't trust that Hawaii newspaper thing. Just didn't seem very legit. On the other hand, no major nuclear disaster has ever 'happened' according to the government in charge of a plant until things get so out of hand it can't be hidden. I'm not one to yell 'conspiracy' at every little turn, but I've gotta say I don't trust governments (ours or anyone else's) to be entirely up front when it comes to potential nuclear disasters either.
    It isn't about the Hawaiin newspaper, fact is this is a Garter forum yet apparently many here seem very very aware of the topic. Said topic has NOT hit mainstream news. Now THAT is WEIRD! This forum gets posts about fish vs earthworms, yet it seems most are aware of the topic and there is no msm coverage.

"Third shed, A Success" Hornets23's Avatar

Just saw this steve. Thoughts and prayers are with you! Any updates?
    ~Christa

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    It isn't about the Hawaiin newspaper, fact is this is a Garter forum yet apparently many here seem very very aware of the topic. Said topic has NOT hit mainstream news. Now THAT is WEIRD! This forum gets posts about fish vs earthworms, yet it seems most are aware of the topic and there is no msm coverage.
    To be fair, the only reason I knew anything about it was because I saw the link you posted But I really haven't been keeping up to date on current events like I should, so I don't really know much about what's going on. I just know that I wouldn't trust our government to be totally honest if they thought something could be covered up.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Banned

Okay so that in itself is a mainstream big network news story -- false nuclear threat goes viral watch at 10.
    Not exactly false. Just a case of the "news" describing a mole hill as if it were Mt. Fuji erupting.

Hawaii is getting hit hard by fukushima worries so yeah they would be paying close attention to anything involving radiation.
    Or anything having to do with Spam shortages, so called "chemtrails", aliens landing in Washington D.C., women giving birth to half reptile/half man...

Seriously Richard I thought it might be a hoax too, but if it is, it is amazingly grand, the Arnie Gunderson guy, photos, multiple small paper articles, if this is a hoax it is a rare one.
    It's not a hoax but even if it is, it's not a particularly good one, and hoaxes are not rare. In this case there was an incident. This isn't "balloon boy" But again, the reality is, it's like a mouse farted and they're making it out to be an all out nuclear explosion.

Look, I don't want you guys to think that I always take this "side" And not to change the subject, but I do believe there is more to the 911 attacks than what we are being told. (please do not go off and talk about that) There's more to a lot things than we are being told. I just don't believe that this incident was anything more than what the officials said it was. There was a scary moment but nothing to warrant this paranoia.

All I saying is that moderation is needed. Use your brain. Take what is said by these few so-called "news" sources, with grain of salt.

I know this thread is titled "flood worries" but c'mon. Lets get back to reality. I really think we should drop the whole nuclear thing. I think what's more important right now is the lives and homes that being affected by this historic flooding. There's enough drama in real life cases of real disasters having real devastating affects on real people. Enough of this crap. Let's talk about what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    All I saying is that moderation is needed. Use your brain. Take what is said by these few so-called "news" sources, with grain of salt.
    Richard I posted the story in this thread because it is basically in Steve's backyard (30 miles up river). There is no news coverage so it is possible a whole lot of folks living in that plants shadow have not heard about it.

Maybe it really is completely under control, maybe it isn't. Regardless the people in the area should be notified of the situation so they make the decision for themselves. Historically governments (Japan, Russia, U.S.) always lie shamelessly to cover up the severity of REAL nuclear accidents; that isn't a conspiracy theory that is well documented fact.

There is no doubt the plant had a fire on the 9th that knocked out the cooling system for a while, there is no doubt they are concerned about flooding, and the no fly ban appears to be very real. While these plants have procedures in place to deal with single incidents, when multiple things start going wrong they are far less prepared to deal with it.
    Electrical Fire Knocks Out Spent Fuel Cooling at Nebraska Nuclear Plant: Scientific American

Had a city worker stop by my house to explain the evacuation procedures if they are implemented.
    If they have to come and get you out of your house you get to take:
    1- bag
    2- animal carriers if you also have a leash for those animals.

Looks like I'll be staying with the zoo.
    300+ garter snakes
    2-dogs
    4-turtles
    1-tortoise
    1-hamster
    1-chinchilla
    5-cockatiels
    1-salamander
    8- misc. other larger snakes
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

That's only if the situation gets so bad that you couldn't leave on your own, right? (On a side note, who thought up the 'leash' thing if someone already has a carrier? It's like they're ignoring how many people have cats and that fact that likely next to none of them have leashes!) I really hope it doesn't come to that.
    One of the things I hate most about the aftermath of natural disasters is seeing the multitudes of starving and abandoned animals. It's good to know that these at least have someone really devoted to them.
    Lora

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Thinking of you, Steve. I'm sure this has been covered since I skimmed over most of the thread, but is there someplace within a reasonable driving distance that you could move the reptiles to temporarily? I know it would be a lot of work and a bit of stress on the snakes, but I'd much rather see you be able to evacuate with the kids if need be! Hugs...
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.