Page 894 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3947948448848928938948958969049449941394 ... LastLast
Results 8,931 to 8,940 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be looking at here.

Banned

I just learned that if you're in Ireland and you're an American that asks a local where young people go for fun, an old lady might just say "head over to the pubs, you'll find a lot of crack there"

Whoa, granny, I don't know what you do for fun, but I don't smoke crack.

Apparently, by "crack" she means fun, comedy, or entertainment. Well, in America, there might be a lot of crack in a neighborhood, but it's only fun for a certain group of people.

Now that I think about it, Americans say "wise crack" which means a sarcastic joke. Makes sense.

Here in America "pissed" means "extremely angry". In English speaking Europe, "pissed" means very drunk.

Funny how we're essentially speaking the same language, and yet, cultural differences make for some gross misunderstandings.

Maybe that's why Stefan and I sometimes clash. He just isn't speaking the same language? OK, maybe not. That's a stretch.

You know, Richard, the little arrows that bring you to the last post on that thread? That's what Jesse is missing in that picture.

You don;t pay attention much, do you??
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Re: East Coast Members Stay Safe

Since most HDTV sets have a 15 pin PC connector & most new video cards have HDMI, Our household has already integrated the PC & Entertainment.

I still prefer the flexibility of a custom desktop though, and this arrangement offers the best of both.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    And with smart TV's, there is even speculation that the desktop will become a thing of the past.
    They're wrong. What will happen, is that desktops will become a lot less popular, as more and more people start getting the sort of computers that actually fit their needs. Most people don't need more than laptops, or tablets.

But those who actually need to do "heavy lifting", will for the most part still need desktops.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Then there's gaming. Lots get desktops for it, lots sell desktops for it. Getting a ps3 or xbox... But IMO PC gaming owns console gaming. It's just... better. And a lot of people agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be looking at here.

Exactly Chantel.

Richard. Go to "home" or "unread posts" (if there are any) and to the right it will say the username of the last post. Right next to that is a little green arrow that brings you to that post. Same thing with the paper clips that mean you're subscribed to that thread. They're replaced with a bunch of words saying "you are subscribed to this thread" (other screenshot)........

Somehow I knew there would be someone who had no idea what I'm talkig about, so I drew arrows. I guess that wasn't good enough.

My dry docket turned into an infection and the penicillin wasn't fighting it off at all... So now I've been put on zithromax... I really hope it works... This pain is killing me, and they won't give me anything stronger for it. They gave me 10 vicodin and told me to take 2 every 4 hours for 5 days... that's over 8 a day... How do you take 8 a day for more than one day when you have only 10?!
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Graphics wise, pc tends to be better... But performance wise, I have found that consoles work a little bit better for that. Games crash more often on pcs than they do on consoles.
    Chantel

Depends.

I actually shouldn't say that... You can't beat a ps3...

But like you said, graphics etc are better. And if you have a true gaming desktop....