Page 892 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3927928428828908918928938949029429921392 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,920 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Let me rephrase. There is speculation among scientists, geologists, physicists, etc.
    Not among people with real degrees in those fields.

Banned

If you say so

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    If you say so
    I do say so.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

One of my highschool science teachers loved the pole-switching phenomenon (it's happened several times in the past), so I learned a lot about it back in the day. Likely that alignment will go unnoticed, but there's a very minute chance it could cause major problems... Like so minute that no scientists are really worrying about it.

Sort of like how there's technically a non-zero possibility that you can walk through a wall, but the likelihood of all the atoms in both you and the wall lining up correctly and staying long enough to pass through each other is pretty much zilch.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    One of my highschool science teachers loved the pole-switching phenomenon (it's happened several times in the past)
    Most people think the position of the poles, (the earth's axis line) moves but it doesn't. It stays pretty much stationary except for the slight wobble it has. What really happens is, the axis stays put and the outer crust of the earth, slips over the molten core. Maybe if rephrase again, Stefan will know what I really mean. And that is, scientist say that there is a real possibility of gravitational forces exerted on the crust from the alignment could cause the crust to slip suddenly in relation to the molten core causing a catastrophic polar shift and even a major change in the day length and wobble of the earth.

Bible prophecy eludes to "stars falling from the sky". That's what it would look like if this slip occured suddenly. Then there would be "a new heaven" (stars positions in the sky) and a "new earth" (drastic changes in the shape and position of the continents)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    How'd you know what I looked like^^^ when I was young? The orange hair, the overbite, the suspicious eyes, it's an uncanny likeness of my younger self.

Banned

Oh wow. Just had the crap scared out of me. OK, so I got 120 watts (8 inch sub box) 5.1 hooked up to the HD audio on my computer so it's you know, really friggen rockin'.

I have everything but the subwoofer mounted on the walls with the channels in their proper "surround" positions, all pointed at the seating area. Been there like, a really long time. couple of years. So I'm sitting here rockin' out at 2/3 volume, turned my back and CRASH! WTF? one of the speakers rocked itself right off the mount.

Scared the crap out of me!

I know, nobody cares but I haven't got an adrenaline rush like that since the last time I was shot at.

Banned

Anyone remember this? You probably wouldn't unless you're old enough and were in the Pacific Northwest in the late 1970's. I don't think it aired nationwide.

It was around the same time this commercial aired. Didn't think about it much back then, but "you, your girl and your johnson?" OMG. That is hilarious. "Your kids and your Johnson", not so funny.

Banned

Two million views? Seems that two million people in this world seriously need therapy: A Coconut Up Your - YouTube