Page 881 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3817818318718798808818828838919319811381 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,810 of 14098
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

oh.. see? What do I know?

Well, 800 and negotiable seems like a good way to start. I'm sure there is at least a small chance someone will take him. Besides, my computer is on its last days, so under 500 wont really do. Seems like a rip off, since my dad paid almost 500 for his cage alone.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Asking the higher price couldn't hurt, especially if the caging and supplies are in good condition.

On another note, did anyone else on the East coast feel that earthquake today?!
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Well, it needs the sides cleaned but that's about it. He has a lot of toys in with him too, we've spent almost 300 alone on his entertainment.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

You can't expect to get anywhere near what you paid. You sound like the people on craigslist that try to justify their (too) high asking price by saying "but I paid..." at some high priced pet store.

What you paid is irrelevant. Really. The only thing that really matters is how much other people are willing to pay you now and that usually isn't even half of what you paid.

I paid, in parts, around $1200 for my custom self- build computer and it wasn't long ago. Soon I'll be putting Windows 7 Ultimate on it and selling it. I'll consider myself lucky to get $350 out of it.

It's like this: If you're not willing to take the loss, then keep it. Because nobody is going to pay you anywhere near what you paid. That's just how it is. And as far as my computer goes, I don't consider it a loss at all. I got the use of it all this time. And all this time, you've been able to enjoy your bird. How can one expect to get that, and all that money back?

I'm not saying I want everything I paid back. I never said anything like that, Richard. I was just saying, my dad paid nearly 500 for it, and it still goes for 300+, I'd expect at very least 50-100 for it. Technically, it's my choice what I want to ask for it, I don't really care what you think I'll get. We've made up our minds.
    Chantel

Banned

$100 for a $500 bird cage is a reasonable expectation. Nothing unrealistic about that. All I was saying is that it would unrealistic to expect say $400 for it. As for the bird, the kind of price you're talking about there (that you paid) is what people pay for very young birds. As the months, or years go by, just like anything else, the older it gets, the less it's worth. On top of that, we have the economy to factor in, which drops the value of anything even further, if you want it to sell that is.

I've seen plenty of ads for valuable parrots that have been running for months and their asking price is a fraction of the birds original price. They're not moving. It's very hard to sell something like that these days. Not trying to discourage you. Just don't want you to get your expectations too high.

I asked my dad what he paid for willy, who was only 6-12 months old, he only paid 200, while the adults were going for around 1200 at the place he bought him at.
    Chantel

Banned

Whatever. The problem with adults is sometimes they are ruined and have bad habits or other unwanted behaviors and people know that and so usually want to buy the very young birds instead of an adult. Also, it's all but impossible to tell how old an adult is, whereas it's easy to see that a bird is very young.

It's just what my dad told me, you don't have to believe it. I really don't care. You don't need to argue with everything I want to do. If I want to sell my macaw for 800 dollars, I will do so. It's not really any of your business. I mean, it's not like I'm trying to sell him to you.
    Chantel