Page 878 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3787788288688768778788798808889289781378 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Funny story how I found out about it. I was on the phone with someone in PA when it struck. They were like "OMG, we just had an earthquake!" so I went on the USGS website and sure enough...

we felt it, but we didn't realize it was an earthquake at the time
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

ditto. We felt it, then saw it on Yahoo, then Richard said that.

Banned

I've been through so many of them, that I recognize what's going on right away. Most of the time you can hear them coming before you feel it because windows usually rattle first, making a noise that you can hear approaching, then a second or two later, you feel the ground moving.

This is my first earthquake.. but i've been throught a loooooot of hurricanes, and two tornados. (bad one this year).

Had no idea it was an earthquake.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

I was born in Cali and when I was a kid I felt the Earthquake that was in San Fran and I was 3hrs away from there. My shandleer was swaying and we had water on the floor from the toilet cause it swooshed the water around so hard. It was weird cause at 1st I didnt know what it was cause it was the only Earthquake I can rem being in. Scary though.
    As for tornados. I moved to MI about 13 years ago and about a couple years ago there was a huge storm outside so my hubby and I decided to go outside and watch and everything was blowing so hard but we thought it was stroong winds and not a tornado but 2 weeks after we found out an F2 went right ovr us. Ayear after that we had to leave our house cause there were 2 tornados coming right down the highway we live right next to. First we drove 30 miles one direction and had no where to go and we stopped at a gasstation to get get before heading back the other way and the gasstation was right next to airraid sirons and it was so loud that we couldnt cominicate with each other. We had 2 kids in the car that just though we were going for a ride at midnight. Well we headed to my sisters house that has a basement and when we were crossing the overpass by my house and the lightning lit up the sky we saw a tornado on each side of us that were HUGE. We had to go between them to get were we were going so it was soooo scary. when we got to where we were at they didnt have any kind of storm but some rain. Well the next day we went home and our patio stuff was everywhere and the house was fine. Scary but cool at the same time.
    I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

Banned

Try being in an in-ground swimming pool when a 6.1 hits. Now that's interesting. You feel like a floating bug in a bowl of water being sloshed around. Damn near threw my out of the pool along with half the water.

HA! awesome.

My Husband felt in in North Eastern CT. They evacuated buildings in Bridgeport and New Haven (down on the coast by Long Island).

I also hear there was a 5.3 in Colorado last night?

What's going on? 2 earthquakes and now the Eastern Seaboard is looking at a possible Category 3-4 hurricane. Connecticut looks like (right now) to be getting a direct hit on Saturday/Sunday. But things can change.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

The end is coming.

NOT.