Page 874 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3747748248648728738748758768849249741374 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,740 of 14098
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

The grass isn't green, the ground is cracking, looks like something from a movie.

Hasn't rained since.... forever.

Banned

Hasn't rained here in about 6 weeks. However, it just wouldn't stop raining before that. Rained from early fall to nearly the end of July.

"It's a dry heat" Yes it's true folks. Very low humidity (dry heat) doesn't seem nearly as hot due to the fast rate of evaporation. If it's 100 degrees in western WA, it's so miserable it feels like you're going to die. You're surrounded by greenery and all of it is putting out water vapor.

In the desert climate of Bakersfield, CA, 100 degrees (and around 30% humidity) is very tolerable if you stay out of the sun.

It's about 90% humidyy out here right now, despite the dryness...

Banned

Good grief. You must be exaggerating.

Well, yeah, I guess. It's really only 86%.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Changing the subject... this has nothing to do with the weather or any of the recent subjects above, just a general observation/complaint that has been bugging me and seems to have escalated over the weekend for some reason...

What is up with all of the bickering lately? Good God, not everyone has to be RIGHT about every subject! There are multiple ways to do most things and most of those ways are FINE as long as the person/animal in question is happy and healthy.

I try to be positive and helpful, but do feel this needed to be said. Sorry if I've offended anyone as it's not directed at any one person.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"First shed In Progress" xStatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    Changing the subject... this has nothing to do with the weather or any of the recent subjects above, just a general observation/complaint that has been bugging me and seems to have escalated over the weekend for some reason...

What is up with all of the bickering lately? Good God, not everyone has to be RIGHT about every subject! There are multiple ways to do most things and most of those ways are FINE as long as the person/animal in question is happy and healthy.

I try to be positive and helpful, but do feel this needed to be said. Sorry if I've offended anyone as it's not directed at any one person.

I think it's quite common for peopel to just get set in there ways. Especially if they've been doing it over a long period of time and haven't experienced any issues.. they don't really understand why anyone would disregaurd their advice and do something else. I get like that too sometimes lol.. Every once in a while my mom will come by to feed or water my snakes while I'm away and I get so upset if she decides to do something differently than I normally would. Like putting the mouse into the feeding bin after she puts the snake in instead of before -__- I really should learn not to care but I feel like I'm right sometimes XD

Anyway, those people on here who have been raising garters for years and years probably just don't understand why someone would even try to argure when they have proof that their way works... but the trust is that everyone is different and everyone does things differently and I think a lot of the time many different ways of doing something can end in basically the same results
    0.0.1 Albino Checkered Garter Snake 1.1.0 Corn Snakes 1.1.0 Rosy Boas 1.0.0 Ball Python 1.0.0 Crested Gecko 0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xStatic View Post
    I think it's quite common for peopel to just get set in there ways. Especially if they've been doing it over a long period of time and haven't experienced any issues.. they don't really understand why anyone would disregaurd their advice and do something else. I get like that too sometimes lol.. Every once in a while my mom will come by to feed or water my snakes while I'm away and I get so upset if she decides to do something differently than I normally would. Like putting the mouse into the feeding bin after she puts the snake in instead of before -__- I really should learn not to care but I feel like I'm right sometimes XD
    Yes, but even if you are correct, yelling & screaming at mom is a surefire way to lose a pet sitter... and we all know those are tough to find! A more gentle approach explaining why you do it the way you do and why you think it works well would go further in encouraging mom to do it the way you think is correct without offending her, making her feel defensive, or turning her off completely and there goes your pet sitter - oopps!

Anyway, those people on here who have been raising garters for years and years probably just don't understand why someone would even try to argure when they have proof that their way works...
    Hmmm... sadly I see this more from newbies to the forum, but some old timers are guilty of jumping in the middle of the squabbling from time to time as well. I'm guilty as well as I've bit the bait a few times... this post and the one before it could be examples, I guess.

but the trust is that everyone is different and everyone does things differently and I think a lot of the time many different ways of doing something can end in basically the same results
    This is exactly what I was getting at, though. Thank you for understanding where I was coming from. There's way more grey in the world than either black or white.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"First shed In Progress" xStatic's Avatar

Oh yes I agree! XD I know I need to shut up and be happy my mom is even willing to look at a dead mouse for me. But my personality wants me to get all worked up lol

I'm guilty of a lot of things... including getting defensive about silling things (: Thats when I just need to strep back and take a breather

No one is perfect but we all try our darnest.. well some of us do. If we're talking specifically about snakes, then I'm happy as long as they are cared for and living happy healthy lives!
    0.0.1 Albino Checkered Garter Snake 1.1.0 Corn Snakes 1.1.0 Rosy Boas 1.0.0 Ball Python 1.0.0 Crested Gecko 0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink

My crickets are dying mysteriously. About 7 of my adults died in the past 2 days, and one of them was running around munching on the other, and then it chewed its legs off.. So I decided to kill it and throw it in the toilet and a horse hair worm or something came out of it. That is freaking disgusting. I'm never buying crickets from Bridges pets ever again. I can not believe that I just saw that happen.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)