Page 840 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308388398408418428508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I see it only in the picture that you presented in the afore mentioned post.
    Don't go starting anything in this post, Richard. I'm not playing.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I already told you. You chose not to believe it or accept it, and you heard Stefan, you know I can't do that.

Anyway, totally unrelated, ever see this illusion everyone? Most of you probably only see a face. I see something else.

See you in a week.

It's been a very hot day so tonight I decided to go get some ice cream. As a drove to Dairy Queen I noticed I had a hitchhiker with me.
    A large Orb-Weaver spider had built a web from the passenger side mirror to the radio antenna. It sat in the middle of the web while I drove, 30mph.
    It survived the whole trip(3 miles).
    Orb-Weavers are one of my favorite spiders. The would estimate there are 30 living and building nightly webs in my back yard.
    A very large one builds a web every night over the rear patio sliding door but never anchors to the door itself. Only the frame.
    I can let the dogs out in the middle of the night and my buddy isn't bothered.
    We don't kill spider around or in my house.
    Sometimes they get relocated to the outdoors or a spare basement room if they are in the way.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Third shed, A Success" Hornets23's Avatar

Wish I had some of those orb weavers in my yard! Usually get one or two but i havent seen any yet!
    ~Christa

If you put an "indoors" spider outside, you're pretty much killing it. They live in houses for a reason.

We stopped killing jumping spiders that wander into our house, because they kill those weird beetles I was talking about a few pages back. We kill the giant house spiders, though, because I'm highly allergic to them, and they tend to be found in my bedroom and around my bed. I don't want to be sent to the emergency room because of a stupid spider.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

We adopted a spider outside of our apartment last summer. She was missing a leg so we called her "seven". She was so much fun to watch build her web and eat the various insects we tossed in. We don't kill spiders either. They are so fascinating.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

You wouldn't find our infestation of aggressive giant house spiders very fascinating!
    I have arachnophobia, so I am scared of them... But it's hard to conquer my fear when these spiders will actually chase you and literally jump at you! I can pick up and tolerate the little black and white jumping spiders, but anything bigger, and I start panicking. Jumping spiders are funny... You can pick them up and look at them, and they just keep doing their threat display at you, lifting their front legs up. They act so tough it's funny.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Love spiders! I always put them outside! I am constantly trying to stop people at work from killing them! My last Tarantula was a Rosehair named Twiggy who died of old age. I am considering getting another!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

I'm a total arachnaphobe, but I try very hard to let logic rule my emotions where spiders are concerned. I appreciate their place in nature and I let them live, even in the house, as long as they're not out and out harassing me <gg> One pops out of no where and scares the crud out of me and there are no guarantees, though.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

I get so scared of them that I actually start crying. Haha. I usually have to scream for my mom if its in my room, because I'm too scared to move in case it'll come after me!
    Chantel