Page 831 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218298308318328338418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Don't worry about it. I promise as soon as it is warranted, I won't neglect to use it next time.

I'm not kidding. It was that hot. It was about 85 in my room, or hotter. Probably 70 around the house. I walked around the house in a long shirt and no pants because it was so hot.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Passive aggressive crap deleted. Oh wait, I forgot. This is not a democracy and I can't do that. TS & PO. I can't possibly make everyone approve of what I say and in case you haven't noticed, I don't seek your approval in the first place.
    Richard, I love your passion and appreciate your knowledge and experience, but I have to say, if so many people are having a hard time understanding where you are coming from and are taking things in ways in which you didn't intend, there is likely a problem in the way it's presented. Please don't get defensive. It's really not worth the rise in blood pressure for either of us, just reflect a bit, perhaps re-read how you've phrased things and see if there's room for improvement. For example, sarcasm is tough to read on a forum and I tend to be quite sarcastic in real life, so I know that's something I need to work on when replying to a forum. We've all gotten too heated in forum discussions, but I finally realized that it's just not worth it. I read everything and draw my own conclusions. I could care less whether anyone agrees with me or even reads my opinions. It's difficult, but try not to take these things personally. It's our love for these animals that makes us each passionate about them. It's sometimes better to just acknowledge that others are equally passionate and simply agree to disagree, without the further bickering, as they feel just as strongly about their point of view as you do yours. Anyway, as far as I can see no one is out to get anyone else, things just got a little too heated. No biggie, but probably time to move on?
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    This is not a democracy and I can't do that.
    It's not. Even if this forum provides you with the tools to publish your opinions, there's absolutely no obligation (moral or legal) to let you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    However in this day of modern chemistry, Nitroglycerin and tri nitro toluene is rarely used anymore due to it's dangerous instability.
    TNT is actually very stable and widely used. In fact, you can toss a pound of it on a fire and it will just burn. Or you can hit it with a hammer all day and nothing will happen to it. That's why the military uses it in artillery shells etc. It needs a detonator to actually explode.

It's the older product, dynamite, that's unstable.
    Last edited by Stefan-A; 07-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Reached 110 the other day.

No mail came today. Sucks.
    this gave me a smile, couldn't help thinking that when you get older with continuous bills to pay, you will be grateful for the days when there is no mail
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

I like it when I get no mail, it means I'm not getting 100 pages of paperwork sent to me.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    TNT is actually very stable and widely used. In fact, you can toss a pound of it on a fire and it will just burn. Or you can hit it with a hammer all day and nothing will happen to it. That's why the military uses it in artillery shells etc. It needs a detonator to actually explode.

It's the older product, dynamite, that's unstable.

Actually, I thought TNT was replaced for faster more effective mixtures.?

As for the detonator part, if I recall correctly doesn't it need to a high order detonator as well, meaning that even black powder is too slow to initiate a reaction?

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

I hate my mail. Because I don't get any, and when i do, it's bills.

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    Actually, I thought TNT was replaced for faster more effective mixtures.?

As for the detonator part, if I recall correctly doesn't it need to a high order detonator as well, meaning that even black powder is too slow to initiate a reaction?
    Can't comment on the latter part, but generally speaking, the answer to the first question is yes and no. TNT is still the #1 explosive used in bombs and artillery shells and is probably the most common ingredient in other explosives as well.