Page 825 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158238248258268278358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 14098
    SCOUSER

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    I got slammed at our local Bass Pro Shop the other day.
    My youngest daughter Hailee and I stopped by to look at the fish and wander around.
    Hailee asked if she could have a sample of fudge so we headed over to the vendor.
    When we arrived the older(older than me) man asked what he could do for us.
    I spoke up and said "this beautiful girl would like a sample of fudge" She told him what she wanted and received the sample with a smile.
    Then, this guy looked at Hailee and said "Does Grandpa want a piece"
    Hailee broke out laughing, telling the the guy though her laughter "That's my Dad"
    The guy looked at me and said "Well, good for you"
    I left the store with my head down
    this brought a smile to my face steve i am in somewhat of a similar situation, my eldest is forty two my youngest is not yet seventeen and my eldest granddaughter is nearly four years older than my youngest daughter
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Look, I just don't think it's worth banning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Come on, please don't do that.
    I apologize - that was pretty awful
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Banned

I see. So from now on I'll be held responsible when people react poorly to anything I say. Because if you'll notice, they do it without provocation as much as they do, with it. It's just a matter of time then before it happens again. Just look at what happened the other day with kibakiba and Redsided. I have no idea what I said that set them off. Next time it happens, I'll be banned for their misunderstanding. Does that pretty much sum it up?

Saying "it wasn't personal" doesn't change the fact that it's hostile and a direct, unambiguous insult.
    And that is where the problem lies. If comes from me, then I must have surely meant it to be an insult because that's what everyone is expecting from me so that's all they will be looking for. That's all they ever look for from me and so they often take things I say to be insulting even when that wasn't my intention. There was actually complement in that statement which was intended but you'll probably go ahead and call BS anyway.

Saying "it wasn't personal" doesn't change the fact that it's hostile and a direct, unambiguous insult.
    Then what is this? A compliment?

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    He's an adult and needs to act like it. You can't stay 5 years old forever... Unless you have a serious mental disability that causes that.
    It will happen again, someone will take something I say, completely wrong, and before I have a chance to explain, I'll be banned. That seems reasonable.

It boils down to a popularity contest now and since I'm not very popular with some of you, I've already lost. I don't have to do anything wrong now. It's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Look, I just don't think it's worth banning.
    It's just easier then censoring me and deleting my posts just because people don't agree with it or think it's hostile or insulting to their egos.

I think you'd have a chance to explain a misunderstanding, but if you play with fire, you're going to be burned, if you play with the bee hive, you're going to get stung.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I see. So from now on I'll be held responsible when people react poorly to anything I say.
    Yeah. If someone misunderstands you, you're going to have to try to clear up that misunderstanding.

Just like in real life.

Banned

Now c'mon Chantel, what does that even mean? Did you completely forget what happened the other day? You got pretty upset with me but it was a misunderstanding.

We talked about it in a PM. I believe I had the right to be upset, considering the circumstances.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

Yeah. If someone misunderstands you, you're going to have to try to clear up that misunderstanding.

Just like in real life.
    I tried that. Your "BS alarm went off". I was honest with you. Now look how everyone got all upset. It boils down to one statement which set Scott off and then everyone else and I told you why I made that statement but you didn't accept my reason. Was it really all that bad? Did it really warrant all of this drama? I can't say anything that's even slightly provocative even if I'm not trying to provoke drama and hostility. I'm the guy that everyone likes to say "oh no, he didn't just say that. Let's get upset about it" to. Like said, nobody seems to like a person who makes them see things in themselves, that they do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    We talked about it in a PM. I believe I had the right to be upset, considering the circumstances.
    Everyone has a right to feel whatever it is they feel but had you understood my statements as they were intended, you wouldn't have been upset in the first place.

This is really all your fault Joe. You started it. How dare you challenge people's ideas. Let's ban Joe. Get it? "Banjo"

You know the exact reason why I didn't understand, so why bring that up?
    Chantel