Page 806 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3067067567968048058068078088168569061306 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 14098
    "Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Re: State side travel plans

Since we are already way offtopic for this section why not throw a youtube video in the mix? FYI last I heard sections of Detroit were no longer going to have police or fire services. If you decide to visit these areas be sure to make arrangements for your garters just in case.

Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I'm pretty sure that those are a member of the Coprinopsis family. Not sure about the species though. If that I.D. is correct, they are edible when young. They taste a bit like nuts. They aren't really worth eating IMO unless you find one called "shaggy mane" (Coprinus comatus). Those are much larger and taste like prime rib!

If you eat any member of this family, do not consume alcohol within 24 hours or so. They contain a chemical that prevents you from metabolizing alcohol so you will get very sick if you do so. "Antibuse" (a drug used to treat alcoholism) is made from these mushrooms.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    thanks Richard for your photo of Reno spoilt just a little bit by the ugly bald guy who got in the way
    Haha, very funny.

Here's the area I decided would be a good place to look for rattlers. (near Pyramid way at Sparks Blvd. in Sparks) I went up there and started poking around the rock piles. It was breezy and around 72 degrees. The pics of the lizards I found are on another camera and I don't have the USB cord with me. The herp pics will have to wait until I get home tonight.

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Spankenstyne's Avatar

Just be aware that if you're planning on bringing any reptiles back you will need to have a US Import/Export license (since you are now the exporter according to the US), arrange and pay for the US Fish & Wildlife inspection and have the 3-177 paperwork complete (you need 48 hours min notice for the inspection btw) and then on the Canadian side will need to also pay any taxes on the declared value which you will need an invoice for.

That's just for non-CITES animals.
    Chris

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Spankenstyne's Avatar

Max punishment (as relayed by someone stateside) for failing to do so includes: up to 20 years time, full seizure of the animals (possibly also your house and/or assets of value), and a fine of $500 up to $5,000 per animal.

They've also really been cracking down on this in recent years compared to before, I'm told they used to be pretty slack about the 3-177 and inspections but not any more.
    Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Since we are already way offtopic for this section why not throw a youtube video in the mix? FYI last I heard sections of Detroit were no longer going to have police or fire services. If you decide to visit these areas be sure to make arrangements for your garters just in case.

Yeah, well if things keep going like they are, most of America's cities will look like this.

Banned

Translation for you Canadians: "Detroit this way"

Tips for Tourists When Visiting Detroit

• Who in Hell was your travel agent? AAA doesn't even stock Detroit maps anymore. Stay away from here.
    • Detroit's city income tax applies to visitors. Stay north of 8 mile. There's plenty of blight in the suburbs to see too.
    • Don't give in to temptation and buy a dozen or so of those $1 homes. They are not worth it. Take your family to McDonalds for lunch instead.
    • Always carry a gun with you at all times
    • Make it 2 guns
    • Never leave your hotel without your guns as well as your luggage (Some crook will steal your luggage trust me)
    • Always carry plenty of ammo & mags
    • If I were you I would carry Glocks
    • ALWAYS remember the third tip
    • Keep the safety off at all times (Trust me crime lurks around every street corner)
    • Before you cap your first criminal always say a cool line before you shoot him, like "You feelin lucky punk?" or "Hasta LaVista baby" ( NOTE: you sometimes might want shoot them right then and now before they draw their weapon)
    • Make sure your firearm packs a powerful punch because what's the fun if it didn't
    • Always put your hands up for Detroit, otherwise the police will brainwash you with this song
    • Always remember that bullets solve crimes way faster than courts ever will
    • When your near a drive by never confront the car unless you know what type of weapons the occupants are using and unless you have the guts to fight them anyway
    • A Soviet RPG 7V is always a sure victory when confronting crimals doing a drive by (NOTE: This weapon is not only hard to come by but really is not practical unless you want it to be)
    • Remember that killing crime does not only save your life and reduce crime a little, but helps out the Detroit police
    • Always remember that Axel Foley has got your back (though depending on what area of Detroit your in) (Like come on he can't be everywhere at once, could he?)
    • Every bullet is your baby, so make each shot count
    • Be creative with your kills
    • Have fun, but be on your best guard while doing it
    • ALWAYS remember that your killing criminals not people right? Of couse I'm right because why the hell would I have given this tip?
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 05-27-2011 at 05:06 PM.

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Stay north of 8 mile. There's plenty of blight in the suburbs to see too.
    LOL so true and so sad! Actually some European photographers were recently doing sort of an "archeological" study of Detroit. Photographing the ruins of the beautiful hotels, restaurants, the georgious mansions owned by the premiere millionaires of the time. It was quite the place and very very elegant.

Within a few decades a world class city was reduced to decay and wilderness.

Banned

Wow. Amazing photos. Portland has a lot of really wonderful old buildings like that too. I just love old buildings, abandoned or not. I was very sad to hear that they tore down the historic Mapes Hotel in Reno. It was a beautiful building.

Wow, I think we just broke the record for the fewest posts it takes to go off topic.

sorry iv been off for a while, look at this!

Sylvia Mythen, a 70-year-old grandmother from Venice, Fl, has discovered what appears to be the world's first orange alligator. She was returning from work when she drove by the gator and promptly had to back up for a double-take. After sending the picture to her local news station she also contacted a biologist who believes the gator is really just half-albino. He says he has never seen or heard of one. But Gary Morse from Florida Fish and Wildlife feels the orange color might be from some environmental element. Regardless, the University of Florida Gators might have a new mascot.

Look at this strange animal! Yes, that is a purple polar bear believe it or not! This usually white polar bear created quite the buzz about the Mendoza City Zoo in Argentina when it unexpectedly turned purple. It seems that the polar bear named Pelusa had a skin condition that the zoo officials were trying to treat, and as a result of the special treatment of this condition the polar bear turned purple. The purple color only lasted for a little while, but it was quite the talk of the town and spread across the world news and internet like wildfire.

The lizard in the photo is not being manipulated (not a photo manipulation). It is now the latest exotic pet craze. Mwanza flat-headed agama's vivid blue-and-red colouring, is a lizard that has a body skin colour similar to Spiderman. Agamas, which are native to Kenya can be good pets, as they become tame and docile if handled regularly.

It can grow up to a foot long, and a balanced diet for them includes locusts, crickets, meal worms and wax worms. They are unable to throw webs, but can change colour – the brightly coloured males will change brown at night or if frightened. They can also run on their hind legs, and can scale vertical walls like spiders.

ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "