Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Re: Potential shed issue

Okay, tonight's update: She ate a pinkie! I only gave her one, because she should be going to the vet on Monday and I don't want her to regurge any food. But this is the first time she's shown an interest in food since this whole thing started, so I'm taking it as a good sign.
    No regurgitating either, and it seems like she may have slowed up on drinking so much, but I can't be certain. Also, those pink scales are returning to normal color with treating with betadine.

Of course she would start to improve the second I make a vet appointment. But still, I'm going to take her in to make sure everything is okay.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Good for her. Glad things are being a little more normal.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Vet visit was today, and I got surprisingly good news. No evidence of kidney failure/infection, and no stomach problems. Apparently her symptoms made the vet think it might be that parasitic disease that keeps snakes from being able to get food past the stomach (I forget the name of it..) or kidney failure. We decided not to do bloodwork since it's risky to take blood from such a small snake, but I'm going to get a fecal sample and let them test it for parasites just in case.

Everyone who handled her today said she was a very calm, well-behaved snake I'm very happy with this vet. It'll be the place I take all my reptiles from now on.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Good to hear.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee