Page 788 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 2886887387787867877887897907988388881288 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by concinnusman View Post
    you guys talk like they're gnawing off chunks and even preying on live items.
    They are.

Sorry to interrupt your argument, but, I was wondering if there was a... At least slightly humane way of freezing a live tree frog? I'd like to feed them to my snakes, as a treat and I know I need to freeze them for a while to kill the possible parasites. The only problem I have is, I only know of stuffing them in a bag and placing them in the freezer as a way to freeze them... But I cant because they're alive and I feel really bad doing that.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    You guys know I just like to argue anyway even if I'm full of spit. Don't take it personally.
    Who doesn't? But you and Stefan are the masters.

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Sorry to interrupt your argument, but, I was wondering if there was a... At least slightly humane way of freezing a live tree frog? I'd like to feed them to my snakes, as a treat and I know I need to freeze them for a while to kill the possible parasites. The only problem I have is, I only know of stuffing them in a bag and placing them in the freezer as a way to freeze them... But I cant because they're alive and I feel really bad doing that.
    The only way, really, is to enthuse them. Humane as it gets, I think.

Have nothing to do that with, unfortunately. I decided to try it with one of them, just sticking it in the freezer in a bag and within 5 minutes it was frozen. at least it didn't suffer long. I'm really a wimp when it comes to these kind of things, I cant cut up worms or pinkies without feeling bad and I cant freeze a frog for a treat to my northwesterns, who seem to go crazy for frogs. When I was sitting in my room with the frog in a moist jar, Mama was freaking out. She was biting the glass. She really wanted that frog. Got another 3-6 months before I'll be feeding it to anyone, though.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Have nothing to do that with, unfortunately. I decided to try it with one of them, just sticking it in the freezer in a bag and within 5 minutes it was frozen. at least it didn't suffer long. I'm really a wimp when it comes to these kind of things, I cant cut up worms or pinkies without feeling bad and I cant freeze a frog for a treat to my northwesterns, who seem to go crazy for frogs. When I was sitting in my room with the frog in a moist jar, Mama was freaking out. She was biting the glass. She really wanted that frog. Got another 3-6 months before I'll be feeding it to anyone, though.
    I understand the not wanting to kill them. I wouldn't want to just because I like frogs, but I'm cool with doing it for my snake. At least you're doing it for a good cause

Yeah. I'll do it just because it's for my snakes. Frogs, especially around here, are so small and cute that it makes it way harder. Most of them never get bigger than my thumb, and many are the size of my pinkie. They're really colourful too, which is odd for my area. My mom found a blue treefrog here. Most of them are, well, obviously green or brown. She let him go, but it was green with a blue stripe and belly. Sounds pretty.
    Chantel

Don't know of any american species with blue bellies...
    For some reason we don't have many treefrogs, but I really like them...

Maybe it was a mutation. My mom said it wasn't a vibrant blue, but a dull blue. I wish I had got to see it.
    Chantel

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    What's the difference between an ex-convict and congressman?

ANSWER: Every now and then, ex-con's pass a few good bills.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahahahaaaaaaX25

wow! now this is starting to be a good tadpole thread!
    (i believe mine are leopard frog tadpoles)
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "