Page 764 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 2646647147547627637647657667748148641264 ... LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Hoping you all remain safe on the West Coast. This has been a terrible disaster for Japan and its people. Our thoughts are with them.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Banned

Some footage from my recent trip to Depoe Bay, Oregon: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/151756-post3173.html

Apparently, the Oregon Coast got series of wave surges from this throughout the day and the water is still "acting" funny with unusual currents and whatnot. The height of the surges and damage was worse from Southern Oregon to the bay area of CA but in Depoe Bay, the surge was forced (funneled) into the bay where it did some damage to docks and boats and took some people by surprise. They were expecting something due to the tsunami warnings but a lot of people relaxed after the estimated time of arrival had passed with only minor surges. They didn't realize that the initial surge or two wasn't the worst to come and returned to their boats, docks, and the beach just in time for the worst surges to hit.

We've had a lot of false alarms since the "real thing" hit in 1964 so people just don't take it seriously enough these days. We even had people walking on the beach, ignoring the sirens this morning. Thankfully, the results weren't bad enough to wipe out towns and kill a lot of people, but it was enough of a wake up call to make people take it more seriously next time it happens.

SCOUSER

watching the events in japan makes me feel so guilty, i tend to feel sorry for myself at times, bemoaning the fact that i work seven days every week live on a budget, and so on and so forth, why does it take the sight of people losing everything family, friends, neighbors, all that they own, to bring home to me just how lucky i am,
    i doubt very much that i am the only one feeling this at this time i am pretty certain that other site members will will be going through similar emotions
    i dont pray as often as i should but i will be trying to put that right this week
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

Very well put.
    I too know how you feel.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

We're darn lucky. We aren't living in poverty, disease, and despair in a war-torn country but millions of other people are. Be thankful of your situation. No matter how bad it seems, it could be a lot worse. Worse than you can imagine.

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Garter snake attempting to eat a large toad:

Garter Snake Eating Toad - NatureBreak

Banned

When I first saw this snake I thought it looked a lot like a northwestern. However, the person who photographed it, also photographed a gorgeous infernalis with the same spot pattern. Also, it's Montery County, CA so it can't be a northwestern. It's obviously a juvenile but I'm just wondering what it could be. I'm thinking T. elegans, possibly a coast garter that hasn't got his orange/red yet?

The garters will be out this week.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

No doubt they will! I'm still waiting for a forecast like that. I'll be out with my camera when the hoards of ordinoides come out to play. I really want you guys to see that.

1ST ANOLES OF SPRING CAME OUT SOME TIME LAST WEEK OR THE WEEK BEFORE!!!(theyre cooler than robbins)
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Banned

Cooler than Robins... that's funny.

Speaking of Robins, check out Garfield comic for March 13, 2011. Cracks me up.

Garfield's Comic Strip Archives at Garfield.com - The Official Web Site of Garfield & Friends