Page 758 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 2586587087487567577587597607688088581258 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Steve. You seem to bring out the best in everything.
    But not necessarily everyONE. There's always me.

Love ya, Steve.

Yeah, you are a stubborn behind sometimes. Can anything really bring out the best in you?
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Banned

Sure. Anyone can bring out the best in someone else, but with me, your chances are better if your species' Genus name is "Thamnophis"

They don't talk much and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed. They are like me in real life, I don't say much of anything to any one for any reason. My therapist thinks I'm antisocial, or that I need to get out and make friends but really, I prefer being alone and I get uncomfortable if more than 3 people are around me. I also have nothing to say. People also get uncomfortable around me... Haha It might be that I only wear band tees and for some reason it freaks them out. All I need is the forum, my boyfriend and my snakes to keep me happy.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

Anybody have any Baytril they can send to me? My gravid girl has a frickin' respiratory infection. Symptoms just showed up today. I'll be keeping her at around 92 degrees F day and night. I can't take her to the vet for a prescription. This sucks.

Banned

I may have been jumping to conclusions too soon or else what I saw wasn't a respiratory infection or it has greatly improved.

Anyway, there was some sneezing (no discharge) and gaping all day on the 2nd and minimal sneezing on the 3rd.. She had been rooting around in the substrate, which was overdue to be tossed out. I did that, sterilized her enclosure and been keeping her warmer than usual around the clock. I watched her a lot today and I don't see any signs of trouble. She's acting like her usual self and was very interested in my fingers tonight (hungry).

Hopefully I was mistaken or it is clearing up on it's own. She's a month gravid and definitely getting fat already.

hey i got an idea for another garter project...."if put an aggressiver garter with a non agressive garter of the same sex will it change its attitude and become docile?"
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

I've done that... It doesn't do anything. Not in Snap's case anyway. It doesn't matter what you do with her, she'll always want to kill you.
    Chantel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    hey i got an idea for another garter project...."if put an aggressiver garter with a non agressive garter of the same sex will it change its attitude and become docile?"
    Sometimes yes, but sometimes the aggressive or nervous snake makes the calmer one more on edge and nervous. Once snakes have been together for a little while, some do have and influence on the other due to social dynamics in play but "pecking order" has a role. Some snakes are "followers", others are "leaders". I don't think any conclusion can be drawn that gives you an absolute yes or no answer because it's nearly impossible to do a controlled experiment since every snake is unique. One thing is for certain, some snakes do change their disposition and behavior noticeably by adaptation to the social dynamics in play in their enclosure. You'll notice that putting certain snakes in with other certain snakes causes social stress but if you change the situation by say, putting the stressed nervous snakes by themselves, they calm down and stress induced behaviors all but disappear.

The question you are asking would be like asking if you put two people together in a jail cell, will they fight or influence each other's behavior? Well, you already know, it depends on many factors. Some people get along, some don't, some influence each other, some don't. Same goes for snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Sometimes yes, but sometimes the aggressive or nervous snake makes the calmer one more on edge and nervous. Once snakes have been together for a little while, some do have and influence on the other due to social dynamics in play but "pecking order" has a role. Some snakes are "followers", others are "leaders". I don't think any conclusion can be drawn that gives you an absolute yes or no answer because it's nearly impossible to do a controlled experiment since every snake is unique. One thing is for certain, some snakes do change their disposition and behavior noticeably by adaptation to the social dynamics in play in their enclosure. You'll notice that putting certain snakes in with other certain snakes causes social stress but if you change the situation by say, putting the stressed nervous snakes by themselves, they calm down and stress induced behaviors all but disappear.

The question you are asking would be like asking if you put two people together in a jail cell, will they fight or influence each other's behavior? Well, you already know, it depends on many factors. Some people get along, some don't, some influence each other, some don't. Same goes for snakes.
    if agression worsens we'll remove the snake quickly
    but it works sometimes and itll be cool to explain (almost as cool as the end of the trilobite experiment when they ate eachother except when eating the foood i thought would make em grow bigger)
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "