Page 719 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 2196196697097177187197207217297698191219 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Even when I did live at high elevation (Reno, Nevada) it was high desert. Cold as heck in the winter, but not much precipitation. So, I was quite shocked when Reno got 4 feet of snow a few years back. That had not happened there in decades.

Spring there is very interesting. Overnight lows in the 20's, highs in the 80's. The following week it was in the teens and snowing. The week after that, back in the 80's. When I say "spring" it was late May. In spite of nice warm weather in May and June, the threat of a surprise snow isn't over until late June.

I can't wait to move to Canada... I love snow. I just don't like it when the power goes out. Too bad it's not going to happen for over 5 years... Lol.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

in texas its either
    99degrees F

or its

25 degrees F

every 20 years or so we get snow...brownsville got 3 of four feet of snow and everywhere around my Fn street got flakes but i aint never seen it....at school 2 years ago it snowed a little people were outside but i was inside and looked outside but it didnt look like it...later i found out if you were out there you wouldv seen it.
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    I can't wait to move to Canada... I love snow. I just don't like it when the power goes out. Too bad it's not going to happen for over 5 years... Lol.

No thanks. I much prefer a Baja California type of climate - Semitropical coastal desert. Not too hot in summer, not cold in the winter, very little rain. More importantly... year 'round herping!

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    No thanks. I much prefer a Baja California type of climate - Semitropical coastal desert.
    ever been hunting in south texas?! you go out with a thick jumpsuit and two layers. then by noon your strippn it all off! from 5:30-12:00 it went from 40F-98F

growing up is optional "

Banned

It always cracked me up when tourists arrived in Reno, complaining about the heat of the day, wearing shorts and a T shirt, because I knew as soon as the sun goes down, within an hour or two, it's below freezing.

It always cracked me up when tourists arrived in Reno, complaining about the heat of the day, wearing shorts and a T shirt, because I knew as soon as the sun goes down, within an hour or two, it's below freezing.
    haha right on!

growing up is optional "

Ah, foreign people. In the summer, they walk around in T shirts and shorts regardless of the weather, but once the daytime temperature drops below 20C they start dressing like they're expecting a blizzard.

Banned

No, this was even worse. Hardly anyone going to Reno for their first time, in June, expects the wind (very windy there) and certainly they don't expect it to freeze after dark, and so nobody brings warm clothing at all to wear. It's as if they only checked on Reno's high temperatures before they left, and forgot to look at the lows. Makes me laugh every time. Most of them are from California.

No, this was even worse. Hardly anyone going to Reno for their first time, in June, expects the wind (very windy there) and certainly they don't expect it to freeze after dark, and so nobody brings warm clothing at all to wear. It's as if they only checked on Reno's high temperatures before they left, and forgot to look at the lows. Makes me laugh every time. Most of them are from California.
    haha maybe theyve had to much marijuana
    NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE ON THIS FORUM

growing up is optional "