Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    "Preparing For Second shed" Char361979's Avatar

Re: So the compulsion has begun....

We know you've done a good job John, I don't want you to think we don't think that (does that sentence even make sense? Lol). I'm just worried about the little monkeys.

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by Char361979 View Post
    We know you've done a good job John, I don't want you to think we don't think that (does that sentence even make sense? Lol). I'm just worried about the little monkeys.
    i wasn't being defensive Char, just trying to put out as much info out about them as i could, the more you seek information and worry about them the more obvious it is they are in excellent hands
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"Preparing For Second shed" Char361979's Avatar

So the lttle one (Angua) that refuses to eat still refuses. She actively backs away from the fish and although she has shown more interest in the earthworms we've given her, she hasn't eaten any of them. Bethan (the shedder) still refuses to eat and has baggy skin and visable rough scales on her belly. We've also noticed a fair bit of unshed skin that will not come away, so Chris has popped her into a shed box. Really starting to worry that we may loose Angua and Bethan.

On the otherhand, Lightning is a gannet and will just keep eating. He's been having a bath this afternoon and rubbing his face on the edge of his pool, so he may be thinking about a shed. Eskarina is also a good eater and really likes being handled.

Binky has started to come out of her shell since she's been given a house mate and spent a good 2 hours out of her hide (which she only normally leaves if she has to) having a really good explore. She's getting bigger and is eatting extremely well. Pinkies are her favourite. She must be due a shed soon.

Keep in mind that garters can go months without food if their weight is good enough. You just got these guys, so give them a chance to settle in before you think that they're going to die.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Of the two that aren't eating I'm not worried about the bigger one, she's obviously eaten well so I can think it's just the change of home and the shedding that's put her off. The small one I'd estimate at about 1/3 the size of her larger siblings, I know she can go a while without eating, but she doesn't have a lot of weight to carry her.
    I'm confident both will eat, we just need them to settle and keep offering food.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"First shed In Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    Great to see the photo's and to hear they are active and curious, looking forward to watching these fella's developing, that's the good news, the bad news, i was halve way home when i realized that i never got my coffee, i shall now add your names to the list with pete[scorpion0151] of coffee bilker's'
    whats a man gotta do to get a free coffee around here ,

We'll all have to meet up next time and fill you up with coffee

Chris I wouldn't worry about only having 5, I started back into snakes 2 years ago with 1 chekered garter now I have 30 snakes and almost half of them are garters

Next year then. We can meet up, have a coffee and look at row upon row of corn snakes.
    We could get organised and get some garters there, although none of ours will be breeding for a while.
    I fancy a granite, I think I'd be tempted to push it to 6 for a granite.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"First shed In Progress"

only babies I have at the moment are melanistic easterns if you're in the market for one Next year I might have some albino/het checkereds and a new bloodline of melanistic from my new boy, and John can sort out some Florida blues

We're having a pause at 5 until we move to a bigger house. :-) Next year I may expand the collection...

John has a clutch of het albino checkereds at the moment. I think that's right... Albino mother, normal father means that they must all carry 1 albino gene (it's been a long week, and it gets more complex as more than one gene is involved)?
    Chris

"First shed In Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    We're having a pause at 5 until we move to a bigger house. :-) Next year I may expand the collection...

John has a clutch of het albino checkereds at the moment. I think that's right... Albino mother, normal father means that they must all carry 1 albino gene (it's been a long week, and it gets more complex as more than one gene is involved)?
    yeah that sounds about right, genetics aren't my strong suite.