Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: repticon columbia sc. show

You better keep your eyes open for my list too! Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    all great advice there shanty! Shawn, if i'm taking first watch, you better not get all the good stuff! I'm actually sending you out with a shopping list, so if you see anything i want, you better let me know, lol!
    Bluesirtalis

I'll take any doubles you guys get from these lists.
    No need to thank me, that's what friends are for. You've got my address., right
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello BLUESIRTALIS, we met you at Repticon and talked for a while. We were the couple who took home your female Chicago Garter (wild caught 2 year captive) and a baby male (which we affectionately named noodle.) along with that Dusky Pygmy Rattler from another table. They adjusted very well, the adult eats like a freakin lunatic which got her the nickname Luna, and our little guy readily accepted the unscented chopped pinkies.

I'm sad to admit that the baby garter, noodle, escaped the other night. I was keeping him in sterilite but moved him to this ZooMed vivarium because I was afraid that he'd eventually escape with the way he liked to wedge himself between the lid at the very top of the tub. Ironically the same night that I moved him to the ZooMed vivarium or whatever, he escaped. D: The vivarium was designed for frogs but I thought it'd work perfectly. I was completely baffled and confused about how he managed to escape until I did a closer inspection of the locking screen at the top and we noticed that it had two holes on each side just big enough for a squirmy little baby garter snake to squeeze through. I really wish that I had inspected the vivarium a bit closer before moving him. Right now we have a heating lamp set out with food traps underneath it, heating pads, hides, everything we could think of pretty much. And we turned the snake room upside down looking for him and still no sign of the little guy. I'm really hoping that he'll show up. I was looking forward to watching him grow up and eventually breeding him.

Sorry for posting to this thread instead of PMing you but I'm a noob and I can't figure out how to get the site to allow me to PM.

My question to you was do you have anymore of the baby chicagos available, or any garters just in general, if so how much would it cost to have them shipped. I'm really happy with your snakes. Please get back to me.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

It was very nice meeting you guy's at the show! Sorry to hear about the little scrub, but maybe he will turn up! I'm just glad it wasn't the pygmy that snuck out, lol! Also post a thread in the welcome lounge and you will see that everyone on here is great! I'll send you a pm in a little bit. Welcome to the forums! If ya'll live in Greenwood you may want to ride up to my house if you're interested in babies I live pretty close to Greenville.
    Quote Originally Posted by starkitten View Post
    Hello BLUESIRTALIS, we met you at Repticon and talked for a while. We were the couple who took home your female Chicago Garter (wild caught 2 year captive) and a baby male (which we affectionately named noodle.) along with that Dusky Pygmy Rattler from another table. They adjusted very well, the adult eats like a freakin lunatic which got her the nickname Luna, and our little guy readily accepted the unscented chopped pinkies.

I'm sad to admit that the baby garter, noodle, escaped the other night. I was keeping him in sterilite but moved him to this ZooMed vivarium because I was afraid that he'd eventually escape with the way he liked to wedge himself between the lid at the very top of the tub. Ironically the same night that I moved him to the ZooMed vivarium or whatever, he escaped. D: The vivarium was designed for frogs but I thought it'd work perfectly. I was completely baffled and confused about how he managed to escape until I did a closer inspection of the locking screen at the top and we noticed that it had two holes on each side just big enough for a squirmy little baby garter snake to squeeze through. I really wish that I had inspected the vivarium a bit closer before moving him. Right now we have a heating lamp set out with food traps underneath it, heating pads, hides, everything we could think of pretty much. And we turned the snake room upside down looking for him and still no sign of the little guy. I'm really hoping that he'll show up. I was looking forward to watching him grow up and eventually breeding him.

Sorry for posting to this thread instead of PMing you but I'm a noob and I can't figure out how to get the site to allow me to PM.

My question to you was do you have anymore of the baby chicagos available, or any garters just in general, if so how much would it cost to have them shipped. I'm really happy with your snakes. Please get back to me.
    Bluesirtalis