Page 658 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 1585586086486566576586596606687087581158 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 14098
    "Preparing For First shed" De Foezel's Avatar

Re: my own build.

aha ok its clear to me now
    sorry to all the other people for the off topic qeustions
    so now i know americans can grow good weed( i always thought u got the crap:P)

Banned

Re: my own build.

We can, and we do! but we have the good people in the Netherlands to thank for the genetics and methods. Did I mention that we should give thanks? I forget. Man, who's hungry!

Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Oh jeez rhea. I have never seen jellies from my snakes in 25 years! I've seen all still borns, but never jellies. I suppose at this point, I'm pushing the statistical probability and I'll have jellies sometime soon.

I sure as heck hope my red-stripe ordinoides doesn't do that! I hope to have good strong babies. I hope to have a nice beautiful red stripe or two to send your way!

I think my boy had to be shooting blanks
    a brief scare this morning - found Thing coiled up at the cool end of her tank and feeling quite cold and a bit stiff. She's fine though
    no more proceeds as yet, but she may still be holding some
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

today I fed Sammy on the kitchen table, and it was kind of funny
    she's a voracious eater, but I limit her to a mouse and a rat pup. so after she's done with her second rodent, she's still in the feeding zone and will go for anything that moves. I was sort of loosely keeping her contained on the table while waiting for her to chill, and every time I made the slightest movement she went to strike. a couple of times she actually made full open mouth contact with my arm, but then didn't bite. just sort of slowly peeled her mouth off sideways and reset her jaws.
    Thing had a couple of mice also, so I think she's done with the birthing thing
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

today I fed Sammy on the kitchen table, and it was kind of funny
    she's a voracious eater, but I limit her to a mouse and a rat pup. so after she's done with her second rodent, she's still in the feeding zone and will go for anything that moves. I was sort of loosely keeping her contained on the table while waiting for her to chill, and every time I made the slightest movement she went to strike. a couple of times she actually made full open mouth contact with my arm, but then didn't bite. just sort of slowly peeled her mouth off sideways and reset her jaws.
    it reinforced in me the belief that it is unwise to keep snakes that are big enough to swallow one's head
    Thing had a couple of mice also, so I think she's done with the birthing
    rhea

Sounds like a fun experience. Glad they are eating.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Amy is downright vicious at feeding time. She smells food and she lunges into the air with mouth open. (I'll have to get that on youtube one of these days soon) Here lately, my fingers or hand have been getting in the way. She sits there and gnaws on me for some time before finally getting a clue.

She's never satisfied either, and I have to cut her off. She's so dang cute and everybody loves her but so downright vicious when it comes to feeding time. Her eyes even turn blood red like she's some sort of bloodthirsty demon!

Banned

I am sooooo sick of this weather we are having! We had that 74 degree day on the first day of spring. Hasn't got above 60 since and we've only had 4 dry days. Grrrr!!!!

Today was torrential downpours with hail and only got up to 54. Tomorrow we have a winter storm warning for the mountains (we are in a classic snow pattern situation) and we are supposed to break records for the coldest high temperature in may. Forecasted high of 49. Rain for the next 7 days. Jeeez

Banned

Record cold has already arrived. It's 40 degrees at my house. 46-48 is all we're going to get tomorrow. Unseasonably cool for the next 7 days. I mean, colder than our january was.

That brings up a question. What kind of effect could this have on snakes in the late stages of being gravid? Any stage? I mean, this has forced snakes back into dens which already mated in Feb-march. Many of them ready to pop.