Page 646 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 1465465966366446456466476486566967461146 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    I'm a Libra and haven't taken time to weigh all the possibilities and come up with a custom title that I can live with forever... in other words... I dunno!
    it's not forever
    you can change it
    we have the web's nicest moderators
    when you can't live with it any more, you pm Jason - he'll be understanding
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I'm a Libra and haven't taken time to weigh all the possibilities and come up with a custom title that I can live with forever... in other words... I dunno!
    Hello, fellow Libra. Yes, Jason will change it if you change your mind.

I would, too, if he had given me that ability.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Ok, guys, PM sent... thanks for the prompting.... I think

Stefan, I've never been a huge believer in astrology, but the inability (or at least difficulty) to make quick decisions and the absolute need to weigh all options before making a decision sure fits me to a T.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Ok, guys, PM sent... thanks for the prompting.... I think

Stefan, I've never been a huge believer in astrology, but the inability (or at least difficulty) to make quick decisions and the absolute need to weigh all options before making a decision sure fits me to a T.
    I'm pretty sure most people would say they need to weigh all options before making a decision.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    I'm pretty sure most people would say they need to weigh all options before making a decision.
    Good point
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Banned

My first escapee in about 10 years!

I've been thinking about parting with Jewels. She's a gorgeous 4 foot female Pueblan milk snake but she brings me no joy. She's beautiful, she's strong and healthy but I have to ask myself why I keep her around. She's pissing me off and not giving me any joy. The only way I can describe her is that she is one of those that you can't take your eyes off of, but she's a beeeeatch. Know what I mean?

She gets "pissy" when you try to handle her, she's basically a PITA.

I buy her expensive mice at petco and she devours them.

I buy her less expensive mice elsewhere and she refuses to eat them.

She refused to eat the last meal offered and after some time I removed it.

I neglected to make sure the slide lock top was locked. Ooops!

I realized my mistake less than 30 minutes later. Jewels was no where to be found. I tore her room upside down. I moved furniture, I even took all the drawers out of the dresser and searched every possible nook and cranny that could possibly hide a 4 foot snake. NOTHING. I found nothing.

Then I heard another member of my household scream a 4 letter word. Then she mentioned something about things crashing down off the wall in her room as she was sleeping. When she said that, I went rushing in there and found jewels half way up the wall on a shelf (don't ask me how she got there, I'm still amazed, it's about 5 feet of sheer vertical wall to get to the shelf)

I captured jewels without incident (so to speak)

Anybody want a milk snake?

I know it's my fault that she got loose. I got her off craigslist, in NOV '09, nursed her back to health but she's just too high maintenance and no joy. I'm sure she'll make a great breeder. Grrr...

Just wanted to vent about that incident.

"Preparing For Second shed" Snakeknot's Avatar

Hah! I can relate! I just got back from the vet yesterday because my problem child and least favorite snake, my male sand boa, got himself into trouble. He's been a finicky eater. Most of the time one of my other snakes has to finish his dinner, which they do GLADLY, which is also probably why the vet thought Draco was FAT! Well "Achilles" decided to go for a walkabout the house 2 weeks ago. I only had one snap on his lid because, Hey! he's a sand boa. They don't don't climb!( Rolling eyes! ) Well, live and learn! I found him Friday. Actually the cat found him for me and, being a cat, he tossed him around a bit. He had a couple of puncture marks and some major under the skin bruising. The vet gave him a shot of antibiotics and showed me how to tube feed him medication. In addition, I gave him a bigger tank with a higher quality heater. He seems to be doing better although he DOES NOT LIKE THE VET! He practically LEAPT into my arms, begging to go home. NOW he shows his personality! But he never nipped once through the whole experience.

Before this happened I was thinking of rehoming him. Now I can't because I spent more on his vet bill than I did buying him!

On a different note, I LOVE my herp vet! Very informative without making me feel like an idiot!

Good luck with your PITA. I hope things get better for her somehow!

Devon
    Tools are weapons. Weapons are tools. Both are dangerous in the hands of fools.

I'll tell ya - snakes are a pain in the neck
    I love mine
    Devon - who's your herp vet?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"Preparing For Second shed" Snakeknot's Avatar

Dr. Randon Feinsod at Ani-Care animal hospital. :-) :-) :-)

Devon
    Tools are weapons. Weapons are tools. Both are dangerous in the hands of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeknot View Post
    Dr. Randon Feinsod at Ani-Care animal hospital. :-) :-) :-)

Devon
    the best . . .
    rhea