Page 609 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 1095095595996076086096106116196597091109 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

hm - I must be doing something wrong
    we moved in august 2007, and I'm still not done moving in
    to be fair we've moved three times this century already, without ever having fully unpacked the stuff I'd gotten shipped from germany after my parents died
    some boxes are like archaeology

I did have a good thing happen today
    a couple of days ago I was informed by a PTA member that she couldn't find my collage stuff that had gotten locked in the PTA closet last year after art day, and that I'd been told would be safe
    to elucidate - I'd done a collage workshop for the event and brought in my own supply of images, since all the contributions they managed to solicit beforehand consisted of entertainment and news mags
    my supply consisted of piles of already deboned (reduced to image material) national geographic, geo, photo, and art mags - some really amazing images that took some sacrifice to offer up in the first place, since kids will cut up a magnificent landscape for a tiny bird in the middle; but there's a lot, and a little letting go is good practice
    but no way was I ready to donate that stuff, so when I was told it had disappeared, I had a melt-down and lost it - like three emails worth; I was so upset, my hands were shaking and I could barely type
    then I found Oliver and the entire thing was completely replaced in my mind by this much worse loss
    so when I got the email from this other PTA member, saying she sorted through everything in the closet and thought she found my stuff, it took a moment to sink in
    I went and looked this morning and yes - it's there, and even though it in no way makes up for the other loss - I am really happy to have that pile back
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Glad you got your collage materials back Rhea. I've spent many many hours cutting images out of magazines! It's a very time consuming process and i can see why you were upset!
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

congrats on finding them! sorry to hear about oliver...
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

Good things happen to good people

wow - those poor snakes
    too many out there that need rescuing

we had a bit of a traumatic experience today
    Mikhaila and I began watching a documentary about a guy who rescued turtles and ended up living with over 1200 of them in his manhattan apartment
    unfortunately I'd gone to get something in the kitchen when they showed some footage of what motivated this man
    I won't go into what Mikhaila described - it's quite gruesome, and I am deeply sorry that I wasn't there with the remote in my hand
    if you want to see the documentary, it's called "the chances of the world changing", and it's about Richard Ogust
    we did however see another documentary that I highly recommend for viewing with or without children - might be a bit slow paced for some, but Mikhaila loved it
    it's called "rivers and tides" and is about the artist Andy Goldsworthy
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Psssst ... shouldn't the feb contest pic be on the home page?
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

It should Greg..... but only Boots has that power!
    James.

Ahh, ok
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

you know - i miss you guys
    and my snakes too
    and i hate this ongoing war between the cats
    rhea

Cats can be so weird ... it's funny how they sometimes just won't accept each other.