Page 600 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905985996006016026106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 14098

Re: new tarantula digs

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    Everyone send him one.

Lori, you're a very sick lady!
    James.

"Third shed, A Success"

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    LOL, I was too, Brett, until I got Tatiana. She really helped me get over my life long major spider fear!! I won't say it was a phobia, but I had real arachnid issues till I rescued her. Then when she flipped over the first time to shed, and was sooo vulnerable and helpless, I just melted...

So, the moral is, we must get Brett a spider, purely for theraputic purposes. Everyone send him one.

HAHA, I wasnt going to say anything more but.......... I make my 3 year old daughter kill all the bugs that get in the house...

I think I do need HELP

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

LOL Brett!!! I can just hear you calling your daugher... only cause I make my boys kill them When they were little I tried really hard to not share my fear with them, but eventually I just gave up

That said, I put tarantulas in a different category than regular little sneak up you out of nowhere spiders
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"Third shed, A Success"

Yup I blame my mother for my fears of bugs! I am same way as you, I try very hard not to share my fears. Fear is taught imho. One of these days soon I am going to get a "why dont you squish it daddy?" wonder what I will say then

"Third shed, A Success" Hornets23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aundrea View Post
    WOW Don neat Tarantula!!! Stephanie wants a blue one lol

If you are serious about gettiing blue one, I would do a lot of research on species first. I dont know too many blue ones but the gooty ornamental has really potent venom and cobalt blues i've heard are really quick and pretty much like having a pet hole. Maybe an Antilles pink toe would be a good option. They are an awesome color where they are young and then change as they get older but they are pretty cool. Anyway, I dont know how serious you are but i just thought i would throw that out there just in case.
    ~Christa

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Tami, that totally sucks about your van!!!! I'm so sorry. It seems to me that vehicle repairs always hit at the worst possible time. I keep telling hubby I'm just going to start riding the donkey everywhere. :-)
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Old and wise snake charles parenteau's Avatar

Wow huge tarentula!! love the scorpion picture..

If I had a donkey I would sooooo ride it somewhere today! It's only been a couple days and I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy already. The kids have started high school swim practice, so they're gone from 5:20 in the morning til about 6 at night. Hubby's hours are about the same. It's just me and the animals... aaaaaall day... lol I'd like to say that it's peaceful, but Gizmo is adamantly opposed to anything quiet and peaceful I can't turn into the crazy cat lady... only have one of those... just the crazy critter lady
    Tami

Quote Originally Posted by dashnu View Post
    Yup I blame my mother for my fears of bugs! I am same way as you, I try very hard not to share my fears. Fear is taught imho. One of these days soon I am going to get a "why dont you squish it daddy?" wonder what I will say then
    Me, biggest chicken in the world when it comes to spiders, actually caught a black widow in a jar for the kids to look at. I used a long stick but still! Thankfully I'm not afraid of all bugs, just spiders, well, and ticks...ew... I really tried when they were little. Lots of squelched screams <gg> I'm much better about spiders now and that's probably why. I'm not convinced fear is completely learned, tho. Neither mom or dad were afraid of spiders and my grandma is deathly afraid of snakes. She used to make us jump up on a picnic table if there was even the tiniest snake in the yard. Then she would proceed to jump up and down and scream! Thankfully my Grandpa would usually just move them and not chop them to bits like she would have liked! She was even afraid of rubber snakes, pictures of snakes in books, etc. True phobia. I watched her mom kill a sweet little lizard with her cane... grrr... my cousin and I were sneaking up on it and BAM squish. Yeah, not sure it's a totally learned thing
    Tami

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    If I had a donkey I would sooooo ride it somewhere today! It's only been a couple days and I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy already. The kids have started high school swim practice, so they're gone from 5:20 in the morning til about 6 at night. Hubby's hours are about the same. It's just me and the animals... aaaaaall day... lol I'd like to say that it's peaceful, but Gizmo is adamantly opposed to anything quiet and peaceful I can't turn into the crazy cat lady... only have one of those... just the crazy critter lady
    Can I borrow your donkey? All I need it for is to take my kids to school & pick them up!!! my truck is having issues to....
    Stephanie