Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

Re: Pheobe my Eastern Garter

I hope so. I am going to be staying at my mom and dads again tonight but i wanna go check to see if my kitty came and also check on her. Wish me luck.
    I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

Well we got home yesterday and no babies yet. But last night she started to do more draping on things and when she would drape it wouldnt be for long cause there was more constant moving. She would move around the tank and suddenly stop with her neck extended and almost like she would freeze. when she would do that it would be for a couple minutes at a time. I put a new hide in there which she likes. she still is drinking but no eating still sence right before her shed. She likes to dig around in the tank a lot. that part isnt anything new but had to tell ya anyway. Do you think these things happening more often means its closer to time. Man , I want her to have her babies soon but Im hoping taht it isnt till after our trip. Thankfully our little trip is only a day. How long will they be acting weird before the babies come. Im so excited to see what the babies will look like. What colors? How much of those colors? Yay... cant wait.

Id also like to say again thank you alll for helping out soo much . I have learned so much stuff from this forum and I love it.

I have another question about hides. I know I can use the shell part to a coconut but I was wwondering ....
    1) what would be the best way to open it with out losing the milk, and messing up the shell.
    2) do i need to do anything to the shell before putting it in there. please help

my mom said I can use a hammer and nail to open it but I havent had fresh cocnut since I was a kid so I dont know much about the opening process exspecailly since I want to keep the shell.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

I think if you freeze the halves the meat will break out much easier.
    Heating the shell 220 for 30 minutes should give you peace of mind.
    Drill a hole in it. The milk will not mess anything up.
    Heating and drilling might be things you should probably get permission to do. Not sure of your age.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I am 33 years old. I have kids and married also. So I would first break ito or drill it. Cause I want the milk too. so Im assuming I would drill it . But as for breaking it so it makes the halves not break all weird what would be the best way to split it. I understand the freezing part to get the meat out and thanks I will do that. I just dont want to domolish the shell when splitting it. thats all.
    my 13 year old looked in the frig and saw the coconut and asked me" mom, what is that thing that looks like a ball of hay" lol... that was so funny so I had to tell you all. I did tell her what is was and she even laughed at what she said.

as for the bedding and I know I asked you Steve but as you said I should get the opion of the people here and I will do that too. I still have to look up the sites that you gave me for the bedding you use but right now I dont have the money so if this stuff will work that I have that would be awesome.

I have a brick of Coco- fiber potting soil. Its the same size as a brick but it says to put it in 5 liters of water and it will expand 8x( making over 2 gallons of growing Medium) its 100% coconut palm fiber.free from weed seeds and pathogens.. It also says Expanded compost has excellent water-holding capacity , while maintaining porosity and air circulation. 100% organic and natural. No artificial or chemical ingrediants. I need to know if this bedding would be good to use for Pheobe. not only to have for in the tank but could I feed her on it also.

You know the 3 little spots on the coconut? Drill a hole in those and pour the milk out, then saw it in half when its empty
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

YES, daggone it, i was half way through typing that!!

Not quick enough...
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Well, i was working with two tabs...

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    You know the 3 little spots on the coconut? Drill a hole in those and pour the milk out, then saw it in half when its empty
    so I can just use any saw or what? just asking. and thank you fo helping

Now back to the coco-bedding. I have seen in a cpl places on here and places elsewhere online that it is ok to use. which is awesome but I dont know how much I should make up of the brick because I dont know how deep to make it. she like to dig so Im taking it she will try to burrow and thats fine but I have a 20 gallon take and I dont know how thick to have the coco-fiber and I dont know how long it will take after putting it in the tank to dry. any help you have I will listen. thank you