Page 597 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 974975475875955965975985996076476971097 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 14098
    It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Wow Rhea... that brought back a strong memory. The only time I really remember feeling like that was when my first son was an infant. I was home alone with him and it suddenly hit me. He was crying and I was on my way to him when I tripped. It started out with the thought "what if I fell and hit my head and died." Then came the images of the baby crying all day, sitting in soiled diaper, hungry, etc. I think it was the thought of how I am totally responsible for this living being and his safety... his very existence depended on me. It's a bit overwhelming isn't it?
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Now what I came here to whine about <gg> Above son has a water polo tournament in southern California this weekend. I'm sending hubby and the boys and staying home with Gizmo(the new dog). I thought about boarding him, but with him being in and out of the shelter so much I just couldn't do it just yet. I'm a sucker. Anyway, so I'm sending them off early tomorrow morning. I've shopped and packed and done all the good mommy stuff. Started printing out directions to the hotel, hotel confirmation, etc. and would you believe they don't have a schedule for this flippin tournament yet? It's one of the largest water polo tournaments in the nation and the first game is less than 48 hours away. Many teams have to travel from out of the area. There's NO schedule anywhere! This is ridiculous!

Update:
    Ggggggggggrrrrrr... so I find the schedule, posted today... and out of 83 teams in my son's age group my son's team isn't listed.... could explain why we haven't heard an update from our coach... sigh... this is beyond silly... seriously, one of the largest tournaments each year... probably the second largest behind junior olympics... I know it's a logistics nightmare with kids playing at dozens of pools all over Orange and Los Angeles Counties... but come on... just want to be done with my "to do" list!
    Last edited by jitami; 02-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Tami

Sorry to dominate the Shh thread lately Just wanted to update that as of this afternoon, yes, less than 24 hours before game time, with most families including mine already on the road, they finally have what they say is a "FINAL" schedule posted. They added Shane's team to the very top flight Good news is that there will be college coaches watching and if they have to choose a flight to watch it will be that one. Bad news is that Shane's team is no where near ready to play at that level. Oh-well. Cross your fingers that they don't embarrass themselves!
    Tami

Tami - was that game yesterday?
    and how did it go?

I'm sort of eating my words a bit this morning
    when I went to Sean's yesterday to get my snakes probed, he had a beautiful young iguana sitting on top of a cat carrier, and not thinking very much, I said "that's the kind of critter I'd like to foster" - leaving off the "some day" part
    so Sean just says "take him" and my brain is scrambling about what the heck I just stepped into - oops
    so I say "all I've got right now is a 4'x2' screen cage" and Sean says "that's more than I can give him right now"
    well - what more was there to say?
    it's a good thing Trader Joe has 1lb bags of washed organic southern greens (collards, mustard green & spinach) for $3.50 - it wasn't really worth it just for the beardies and uros, but I understand iggies can tuck in pretty well
    so he's housing under Mikhaila's bed right now and we'll see how he gets on with the cats later - I figure the cage isn't very big - I should set him up a basking spot in the living room
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Oh my goodness Rhea! What does Mikhaila think of the new guest?

So far they've lost 3 games, two yesterday, one this morning. The scores were relatively close, so not too bad. Losing their two yesterday means they play earlier and hence can hit the road to head home earlier today, so it's not all bad. They have one more game at 1pm(pacific) and then a 6-7 hour drive home. I'm really missing being there, but the time is going by fairly quickly. Gizmo gets really whiny and anxious in the evenings, tho. He knows his daddy and boys should be home! I feel so sorry for him. I wish I could explain things to him. Well, I do explain things to him, but he carries on whining anyway
    Tami

are they feeling okay about their losses?

we're all liking our new guest, whom we've been calling Max
    well - maybe not the cats
    he's been hanging out on the window sill under a basking spot all day - taking up the prime spot
    here is a pic from this morning before he snagged the window spot

rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Max is very cool! He's beautiful!!!

They're fine with the losses. For whatever reason they haven't won much this winter and they knew they were placed in a really tough flight. They have a lot of talent, but just don't play well together. They're playing their last game right now and are up 10-5 so hopefully they'll end on a high note
    Tami

cool
    sounds like they're free to enjoy themselves then

Max is a cranky git
    he didn't like the bath (???) and ended up being snappy at me
    he did deign to take a piece of apple from me (dessert), but then he got extra angry, and put up quite fight when I removed him from the window sill to his cage - it's a good thing they're not very bendy in the middle, and Sean clipped his nails for me
    he'll be fine in a few days, once we settle into a routine of sorts
    the cats are scared of him, which I find amusing
    rhea

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

wow sweet iggy rhea!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

I just can't get over how cute Max is I, too, find it amusing that the cats are afraid of him! You should take video

Been on the phone non stop for the last couple hours. My van... yes, my van... has stranded my family on the grapevine(I5 north of Los Angeles) Hubby and son's vehicles are basically play toys and subject to all sorts of issues on a regular basis. They abuse them and it's pretty much expected... but my van... my van is the sensible, reliable, family car... blah... so they're waiting for a tow truck and thankfully my dear friend is on her way back from a dog show in Arizona so she's going to rescue them and I'm going to go pick them up at her house a couple hours away. There's no rental car companies open now so they'd be stuck until morning otherwise. I have some time before I have to take off, but yeah... that's what I get for complaining about little things like the schedule... sigh...
    Tami