Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: 2016 pastel het granite....

Humans are not the same but the principle applies. Jeff told me what he started with and it wasn't wc. After 3 generations then that is where something went wrong. According to the literature parental to sibling pairing should cease after the third generation to avoid defects in genetic traits/ chromosomal abnormalities. Certainly it can start with defects in coloration.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

so you said they are het granite too. where are the granite? and where did jeff get them? scott? scott did alot of crossing of morphs.
    what did jeff tell you he started with?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    human genetics are not the same as reptiles....and unless the breeder started with wc individuals there is no telling what they were originally bred with. ive personally seen the anery gene skip 3 generations only to reappear when i bred one of the 3rd generation babies back to the original sire of the line in which he was also het albino and the females was a normal 66% het albino and i ended up getting snows anery albino and normals. from the 3 previous pairings i would have never thought any of the animals from that lineage would ever produce anything else than albino and normals
    My pastels were bred to granites and that is what i was told by Jeff. He never mentioned any albino pairings with the original parents. And i never paired them or the siblings to anything except pastel het granites.

so you said they are het granite too. where are the granite? and where did jeff get them? scott? scott did alot of crossing of morphs.
    They are only het for granite as i know. What the granite that bred my pastels possessed genetically i am not privy to. They were a holdback pair.

i think i rememeber jeff trying to produce super pastel albino granites after he produced that super pastel.

Well your welcome to consult with him bc i know them as PASTEL HET GRANITE.

yet no granite???

"First shed, A Success"

I really dont understand the pages of confusion in this thread.
    Albert, your breeders are OBVIOUSLY het albino, there is no way around that, to produce albinos they would both have to carry the albino gene. It doesnt matter if the guy you got them from didnt say theyre het albino, you clearly proved them out as hets. In the wild the albino gene can be passed down for generations without surfacing... just each generation will be made up of hets and then possible hets and then one year they breed and genes match up and boom, albinos again. Same thing couldve happened here with yours.
    - Mike
    www.albinomilksnake.com
    Have twitter? Follow me @milksnakeMike

Juvenile snake

While it is not absolutely impossible that a genetic mutation caused the albino to pop up it is highly unlikely. As Occam's razor teaches us the simplest answer is best and in this case the animals were probably het albino. It is not that much a surprise that a recessive gene was not expressed for a breeder that was not looking for it.

They have always been het for granite. That's what they were sold as and that's what the breeder relayed.