Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Re: Found on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Eight View Post
    On a side note did anyone catch the garter episode of snakebytes? I'm not a huge fan of the show in general but I love seeing footage of species I'm not familiar with.
    Ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a garter snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a garter snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, a corn snake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, a kingsnake, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons, ball pythons.
    ....and annoying idiots.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Excessive and more than needed but true. Unfortunately that's where the money in snake breeding is right now. I personally wouldn't touch any morph of royal. They don't look natural, and I like natural. Plus too many morphs are inbred, and a few have signs of neurological disorders. But between the royal episodes you get to see some different species and every now and then some less seen species.

I generally don't discount something just because I don't like one aspect of something. Though they do go OTT on some things, it does manage to get a regular audience because of it.
    Sam 2.1 T.s.sirtalis 0.2 T.marcianus 0.0.1 L.g.floridana 1.0 L.g.californiae 1.0 Eryx colubrinus 0.0.1 P.g.guttatus 0.1 Python regius

Quote Originally Posted by -MARWOLAETH- View Post
    ....and annoying idiots.
    You are absolutely right. Annoying idiots make up about 75% of the show.

When I first watched Snakebytes I thought it was cool, then the second time and every time after that, I found them to be very... Well. I can't really say that here. Haha. Lets just say they're incredibly stupid.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    When I first watched Snakebytes I thought it was cool, then the second time and every time after that, I found them to be very... Well. I can't really say that here. Haha. Lets just say they're incredibly stupid.
    Ramen to that.
    Will

They don't like me there....

SnakeBytesTV Questioned | The Reptile Report

I tend to make too much noise sometimes.

I have to completely agree with that. Monitors need to be in much larger enclosures. Its part of the problem I see in reptile shops a lot, and Why I'm not keen on large breeding facilities that are designed to make monies with no concern for the animals wellfare. I also see many monitors without a deep enough substrate to allow burrowing, which really bothers me (mostly boscs).

I feel the need to clarify here that I'm not a fan of these guys. I don't think its big or cleaver to mess with animals for hits on you tube, and encouraging snakes to strike and bite is very irresponsible. I merely enjoy seeing some of the different species they sometimes show. Just as I enjoy watching videos of other peoples pets and setups.
    Sam 2.1 T.s.sirtalis 0.2 T.marcianus 0.0.1 L.g.floridana 1.0 L.g.californiae 1.0 Eryx colubrinus 0.0.1 P.g.guttatus 0.1 Python regius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eight View Post
    Monitors need to be in much larger enclosures. Its part of the problem I see in reptile shops a lot, and Why I'm not keen on large breeding facilities that are designed to make monies with no concern for the animals wellfare.
    First off, no pet store enclosure is intended to be a proper long term home. It's simply a holding area intended for short term. And second, any breeding facility designed to make money, won't make any money, or even get viable offspring to sell, if they have no concern for the welfare of the animals. Your last statement is an oxymoron. "designed to make monies with no concern for the animals welfare" If you've been watching the show at all you would know that they are quite knowledgeable and concerned with the health and welfare of the animals.

Now as far as the "chewy" episodes go, I don't like the way they tease the snakes into biting, but I'm sure even if they didn't, it's something that happens every day anyway. They know which snakes are nippy and purposely mess with those for the purpose of entertaining. I don't agree with it, but like I said, I'm sure they get bit regularly just going about the daily business of caring for the snakes.

Look I just think some people are being a little too critical. What you see on SnakeBytesTV should not be taken as an overall impression of the people that run it, or how it's run. Go there yourself. Talk with the real people when they're not acting. Check out the facility. Then be critical if there's anything to be critical of. I think you'll find a very professionally run business, healthy animals, and a very efficiently run immaculately clean facility. Probably one that any zoologist would be impressed with, and certainly one of the best facilities in the country. These guys know what they're doing and spare no expense caring for the animals.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 08-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    and a very efficiently run immaculately clean facility. Probably one that any zoologist would be impressed with, and certainly one of the best facilities in the country. These guys know what they're doing and spare no expense caring for the animals.
    Yup... Care to see what a Zoologist has to say about the obese blobs they have in those racks Richard?.