Page 482 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582982 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 14098
    In Hog Heaven

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    I dropped like a dozen of the lobsters last week when one of the pieces of egg crate slipped out of my hand. Ah well. No idea where they all got off to... hoping the cats will eat them... lol. Kyle, isn't there some s-l-o-w breed of roach out there that just kind of meanders along?? That would be more my speed... :-)

(thump) [passed out on the floor in a dead faint]
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Lol Gertie!!!
    Amanda Tolleson

Oh joy, the local media finally picked up on the snake ownership issue, although they're primarily focusing on venomous snakes. And I know exactly what to expect: Emotional rants about how awful snakes are and how they're dangerous to everybody everywhere all the time and how they're unsuitable as pets for a variety of bogus reasons.

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........
    Amanda Tolleson

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Oh joy, the local media finally picked up on the snake ownership issue, although they're primarily focusing on venomous snakes. And I know exactly what to expect: Emotional rants about how awful snakes are and how they're dangerous to everybody everywhere all the time and how they're unsuitable as pets for a variety of bogus reasons.
    Things like that always stir so much crap. Good luck, Stefan.
    Sid
    9.14 T. s sirtalis, 2.2. T. ordinoides, 1.1 T. e vagrans, 1.1 T. s parietalis,
    1.0 T. s sackenii- Peninsular Ribbon

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Ah, man...I hate media stories like that. Never any positive articles about reptiles in the news...But then again, never any positive stories about any animal in the newspapers.
    They're actually talking about an 1 meter big wallaby around here that supposedly attacked small children...
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Do you want to know what caused this mess?

A travelling reptile exhibit, which has been heavily critcized by the herp community for the way they treat their animals (and in some cases, they've allegedly put the visitors in danger), experienced a fire that killed almost a hundred of their animals. It appears that they were storing them in a warehouse among cans of paint thinner and other flammable liquids (also nice fumes to inhale). Well, instead of focusing on the substandard conditions they were kept in, the media jumped on the risk that they might escape in such a situation.

With a little luck, they'll forget about this whole thing. And maybe I'm overreacting.

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

With a little luck, they'll forget about this whole thing. And maybe I'm overreacting.

Lets hope so!
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Do you want to know what caused this mess?

A travelling reptile exhibit, which has been heavily critcized by the herp community for the way they treat their animals (and in some cases, they've allegedly put the visitors in danger), experienced a fire that killed almost a hundred of their animals. It appears that they were storing them in a warehouse among cans of paint thinner and other flammable liquids (also nice fumes to inhale). Well, instead of focusing on the substandard conditions they were kept in, the media jumped on the risk that they might escape in such a situation.

how awful
    perhaps you're overreacting a tad on the media isue, but they're certainly not reacting to the right issues at all
    to read about how the animals were kept, seriously pisses me off
    and I am quite surprised that the improper storage of flammables was not considered the bigger issue (as I think it might have been here)
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileparadise View Post
    They're actually talking about an 1 meter big wallaby around here that supposedly attacked small children...
    wallaby? in Holland? do people keep them as pets?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    I dropped like a dozen of the lobsters last week when one of the pieces of egg crate slipped out of my hand. Ah well. No idea where they all got off to... hoping the cats will eat them... lol. Kyle, isn't there some s-l-o-w breed of roach out there that just kind of meanders along?? That would be more my speed... :-)
    Lobsters are pretty slow to me...
    Turks are about 2x faster. Anything in the genus Periplaneta seem to run at human speed. lol

Dubia roaches are pretty slow...
    0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!