Page 421 of 469 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4688

Re: The Nature Photography Thread

No, I just mean they aren't working.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I can see the one in the last post...what kind of snake is that? She is huge! Garters will flatten their heads like that...and if she musked you, I'm assuming it was a garter. If it was a hot...I think you'd know...it probably would have struck at you when you went to grab it and you'd know...but I can't be certain. Mike or Joe would be the ones to ask...they would know.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Not a garter, way too big. I am going to go way out on a limb here and guess Drymarchon corais erebennus. I could be way off but it ranges in your area and looks similar.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

P9010034.jpg P9010035.jpg
    Ok, fingers crossed this works..... She had to be at least 3 feet long. I didn't particularly see her musk me, because it happened outside in the rain, but I just know she made my hands SMELL

I'm not sure if Texas Indigos have as many markings as this one. I know it's kinda hard to see....But again I wouldn't know
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

"Preparing For First shed" norcalj's Avatar

That's a Blotched Water Snake (Nerodia Erythrogaster Transversa). They're not venomous, but are well known for being highly aggressive.

I think you could be right! This one wasn't aggressive to me really. I picked her up pretty gently near the tail and slowly moved my other hand toawrds her head/neck.When I was sort of running to take her back outside across the street to the woods, she got a little freaked out and tried to turn and bite me a little and then stopped immediately. So she was pretty cool, being WC in the pooring rain. She was just a little scared.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

huh...speaking of bugs. I found this little lady on my sago palm 2 days ago. We always have these around the yard, we don't use any chemicals on our property which is a good thing and bad thing when it comes to ants and the big orb weaver spiders.
    CIMG0064.jpg
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal

Cool! I've never seen one of those in real life. I like how she turned to the camera
    ~* Emily *~

Well, that is one big snake! Praying mantis...they will turn their heads to look at you. They will also jump and bite you if you aren't careful. Federally protected. Orb weavers...we have them all over our yard. Great since I hate spiders. But I find them kind of fascinating. Funny story...I live on a college campus and there was a group of drunk college guys sitting in my driveway the other night...waiting for a cop to give them a ticket for being drunk and stupid. My son and I were outside trying to take a picture of an orb weaver by my front door...and the stupid college guys thought I was trying to get pics of them getting busted. They started saying smart mouth things to me...I said something back that I won't repeat...but it shut them up. I should have taken the spider over and said "this is what I was taking a pic of dumb***...here...wanna see?"...and thrown the spider on them. Lol....
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

LMAO!! You should have done it... Or at least told them "If you're drunk and getting busted in my driveway, I can take pictures all I want!"(Even though you weren't...It's none of their business, what you're doing in your own yard!)
    ~* Emily *~