Page 420 of 469 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4688
    "Preparing For First shed" norcalj's Avatar

Re: The Nature Photography Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If I were to get a hot, it would be a copperhead. Love their coloration.

You wanna see a beautiful "hot", just google - 'Blue Coral Snake'. If I had the courage to keep venomous snakes, those would be at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by norcalj View Post
    You wanna see a beautiful "hot", just google - 'Blue Coral Snake'. If I had the courage to keep venomous snakes, those would be at the top of my list.
    I agree with you they are stunning animals.But They don't adapt to captivity because of their snake eating habits,their extremely timid nature and also their is no antivenin.
    Will

I love the yellow eyelash vipers. Very pretty...but again...I love my black mambas! Rhino vipers are very cool looking too. Cool copperhead Mike. I was just reading in my venomous snake book that copperheads are one of the least venomous of the American venomous snakes. Not many fatalities reported from bites. It's the cottonmouths and rattlesnakes in America that you have to worry about in terms of bites. Not that I want to get bit by a copperhead...lol.

Yeah...I was also reading about a couple of hots in more remote areas of the world in which there is no anti-venom. And even with anti-venom, you do not want to get bit by a black mamba or a taipan. Nasty, nasty venom.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I love the yellow eyelash vipers. Very pretty...but again...I love my black mambas! Rhino vipers are very cool looking too. Cool copperhead Mike. I was just reading in my venomous snake book that copperheads are one of the least venomous of the American venomous snakes. Not many fatalities reported from bites. It's the cottonmouths and rattlesnakes in America that you have to worry about in terms of bites. Not that I want to get bit by a copperhead...lol.

Yeah...I was also reading about a couple of hots in more remote areas of the world in which there is no anti-venom. And even with anti-venom, you do not want to get bit by a black mamba or a taipan. Nasty, nasty venom.
    You should check out viper keeper channel he has a a great collection and it interesting to see how he cares for all his specimens .Here's a link to his youtube channel Viperkeeper TV - YouTube
    Will

So I found a cool snake at work today....Well I didn't originally find it. I heard some one say, "Theres a big snake outside." And I responded with "Snake!?!?! Where?!?!?!" And ran out in the pooring rain to see it. The thing was in a bad spot. It was right near the outside runs for the dogs(I work at a kennel), so it really did need to be moved. Anyways I went out there, and wasn't at first going to actually mess with it, but I went ahead and grabbed her(?), since I figured it wasn't great for her to be there.

Ok now the head looks scarier in these pics than it really was. I can assure you her head wasn't flattened out, the way it in the pic, orignally. The face/head reminded me a little of a radix(I knew it wasn't any kind of garter)the way it was shaped and the black markings on the lips, before I picked it up. After I picked her up she flattened her head and body, and musked me(...It's official, I've been musked) And the eyes definitely had round pupils. That all led me to believe it wasn't venomous....But honestly I kinda freaked myself out afterwards, thinking "What if it was venomous?!" I just got so excited and sorta dove on in...

Here she is:
    Attachment 6555 Attachment 6556 Attachment 6557

Please don't tell me it's a hot!! I'm thinking some kind of watersnake......Any offers of identification would be greatly appreciated
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by

Here she is:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG
    6555[/ATTACH] Attachment 6556 Attachment 6557

Please don't tell me it's a hot!! I'm thinking some kind of watersnake......Any offers of identification would be greatly appreciated
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

Man...Sorry...Iis it all the pics or just the first one?
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

P9010033.jpg

Did this work?

Do I still need to put up the others?
    ~* Emily *~

All of them are bugged.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    All of them are bugged.
    Ok, at the risk of sounding dumb, do you mean they literally have some kind of virus/bug?
    ~* Emily *~