Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: Disgusted with Animal Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Char361979 View Post
    I'm actively avoiding watching a progamme of the same ilk which is due to start over here on bio "Billy the Exterminator"
    About - Billy the Exterminator on Bio.
    Look at the way the man dresses and presents himself, jeez!! The trailers anger me. Lots of talk about "pest snakes". I'm going to start my own pest control company but I will exterminate bigots, racists, drains on resourses and most of all those who seek to harm defensless animals. If you want to iradicate the worlds most dangerous preditor (to man and animals) start with the human race.... I'm a very angry bunny!!!!!
    I watch billy, and screw the wardrobe choices, The man is about relocation, not killing.

He takes great pride in moving animals from yards to better suited habbitats. You should watch it..

Even the "pest snakes" get a ride to the woods/meadow where they blong and are released.

There is already a replacment forr steve irwin, but she isn't old enough even though she is already perfectly capable of doing the same things her dad was doing she still needs to get through school... Steve Irwin's Daughter Bindi Irwin
    0.0.1 - Thamnophis Radix
    1.1.0 - Thamnophis Marcianus / 1.1.3 - Albino

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

We might watch Billy then, seems like the programme is misnamed as our assumption was that as an "exterminator" it wasn't going to end well for the animals...
    The couple of clips she saw involved the capture, and not the release. Although the over dramatic production values could make it unwatchable.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I've watched Billy. Although he does release what he captures (except for rodents). He is insufferable. He is very put on. I think if he was just himself and not what the producers tell him to be it would be better.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    I've watched Billy. Although he does release what he captures (except for rodents). He is insufferable. He is very put on. I think if he was just himself and not what the producers tell him to be it would be better.
    That's true with all the shows.

Why is it that on Ice Road Truckers, that at the very moment a rig falls through the ice, there just happens to be an underwater camera already down there??

We used to watch these guys build motorcycles, when it turned into father VS "Junior" I quit looking.

Whale wars offers a very narrow minded perspective as well.

Discovery Channel contact number 1-240-662-2000

When you ask to speak to someone in "Viewer Relations" you will be tranfered to a recording. The recording states that due to staffing limitation not all incidents will be called back. We know what that means.
    That office is open from 9-5 eastern time.
    I left a polite but strong message about my disqust with "Rattlesnake Republic"

I don't think I will get a call back but at least voiced my opinion.
    I am going to try and locate some of the advertisers numbers so that we can voice our opinion to them.

Just found this:
    Rattlesnake Republic | Facebook
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    With ALL these shows, you have to put yourself in the mindof the producer, “What can I show you to shock you and make it believable?”
    Remember, "Believe only half of what you see, and nothing that you hear,"
    Michael
    1.1 Woma (Sun Burst), 2.1 Eastern Blackneck, 3.3 Plains Garter, 3.1 Puget Sound,
    2.1 Granite Checker, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (snake sitting )

I watch very little tv. What I do watch is usually cartoons, like family guy and futurama.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

AP response to my email. Form letter response.

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting Animal Planet. We appreciate your correspondence
    and for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us about
    Rattlesnake Republic.

In an effort to ensure the highest quality programming, comments such as
    these are taken very seriously. Each and every comment is forwarded on to
    our programming executives for review and consideration. Maintaining the
    integrity of all of our networks is our primary goal. It is these types of
    comments that contribute to creating change and improving our programming.

Again, thank you for contacting Animal Planet.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
    Animal Planet
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Write them an e-mail every day, until you get a real response. I just posted under your comment on the facebook page. I will not watch AP anymore. I sent them an email too.

Here it is:

I know you will just send be back a generic form letter, but I need to tell your company something! This show is incredibly offensive. It is horrible that a network that supposedly is for animal rights and education airs this trash. These people are harming the ecosystem, destroying an entire population of snakes. You wouldn't even think of airing a program that promoted the killing for money of puppies would you?! The life of a reptile doesn't even cross your mind. Well it does mine and many others like me. I will not watch your network and not buy your products. I will write your sponsors and let them know I will not buy their products either. Your slogan "Surprisingly Human" HA!! I find this show to be of the utmost inhumane programming. You should be ashamed of yourselves for even thinking about airing such garbage and for promoting the decimation of a reptile that strikes only to defend itself. I hope you actually read this feedback and understand what a slippery slope you are on with programming like this.
    Last edited by katach; 11-08-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Kat